Toronto 1181 Sheppard Avenue East | 126.85m | 38s | Concord Adex | DIALOG

Don't think there is anything remotely as big on St Clair as what is proposed. What building though?

That would be it,

Not quite sure how big it is: 200-400,000's sqft ?

There was a for sale notice in the Globe today. 400,000 sq ft is what it indicated for the Imperial Oil building.

That would be it,

Not quite sure how big it is: 200-400,000's sqft ?

I thought this was the building. Are you sure it's still vacant? I'm pretty sure the Royal Bank leased the whole thing, all 450,000 square feet, last year.

I thought this was the building. Are you sure it's still vacant? I'm pretty sure the Royal Bank leased the whole thing, all 450,000 square feet, last year.

99% sure that's not the case - first see the post above, that add was recent. Second, I've walked by the site - it's all boarded up - if they did lease it they haven't moved in yet.

City Planning Final Report

I'm happy to see that this office building will utilize the pre-planned knock out panels to provide direct access to the Leslie subway station :D

City Planning Preliminary Report to be considered by Scarborough Community Council on September 15, 2009:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-21923.pdf

Summary

This application proposes a new head office building for the Canadian Tire Corporation, ancillary retail and a daycare facility at 1181 Sheppard Avenue East. This report reviews and recommends approval of the application to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law.

Proposal

Canadian Tire has indicated an interest in consolidating it’s head office operation from several mid-town and other locations across the GTA to their lands at Sheppard Avenue East and Leslie Street. The purpose of the applications is to permit an increase in density on this site in order to accommodate Canadian Tire head office space needs. Amendments are also required to permit the extension of the building into the 30 metre setback requirement adjacent to the CN rail line.

The subject site is 0.84 hectares (2.08 acres) in size. An 18 storey (75.2m) office building with 63,550 m2 (673,369 ft2) of floor space is proposed at a Floor Space Index of 7.5. The office building includes a 738 m2, 72 space daycare with 419 m2 outdoor play space, and as specified in Zoning By-law 1094-2002, the floor area of the daycare is not included in the calculation of total floor area. The east side yard setback, adjacent to the CN rail line is proposed to be reduced from 30 metres to 3 metres in order to accommodate the additional density requested without increasing the building height.

The 18 storey office building is proposed with a 4 storey base building along Sheppard Avenue. The base building would have pedestrian entrances at the Sheppard Avenue frontage and the internal public walkway to the south, Singer Court. Another entrance with a forecourt is proposed for the south elevation. The north and south building entrances both provide pedestrian connections to an underground retail concourse, which leads directly to the Leslie subway station. A pedestrian connection from the Leslie subway station was constructed concurrently with the development of the subway with a knock out panel to facilitate the connections proposed with this development. The uses proposed in the base building include a Canadian Tire corporate reception area, conference facility and other corporate support activities.

Two vehicular accesses are proposed. One is from Singer Court which connects to Provost Drive. The second is a driveway connection from Esther Shiner Boulevard through the Concord Adex residential block underground parking structure located on the lands to the south. A total of 1,129 parking spaces are provided in an (7 level) underground garage.

CT now occupies 16 or more floors @ Yonge Eglinton area in 2 or 3 buildings.

Yep, mainly in their two head office building on Yonge south of Eglinton.
A lot of space will return to this market in 2/3 years time.

Easement with Concord parkplace Discovery buildings

How would this affect the easement between the Concord place Discovery buildings? Will there be an easement to connect the residential side with an underground path to Leslie Station?

Easement with Concord parkplace Discovery buildings

How would this affect the easement between the Concord place Discovery buildings? Will there be an easement to connect the residential side with an underground path to Leslie Station?

Given that an easement would be granted over Discovery's underground garage to allow CTC to have vechicular access from the south (Esther Shiner Blvd), I would expect some sort of a deal worked out in return from CTC to also grant access easements in favour of Concord Park Place across the underground portions of the CTC office building to allow future residents to utilize the new subway entrance connection proposed

Anyone know when construction is supposed to start and end?

This project is dead. Canadian Tire was never serious about it, and was only investigating options. It was determined that leasing space was the best option. They are now looking at leasing office space in various areas around the city.

This project is dead. Canadian Tire was never serious about it, and was only investigating options. It was determined that leasing space was the best option. They are now looking at leasing office space in various areas around the city.

Are they going to leave the Y&E location now ? and possibly move to the 905 ?

Back