Toronto 110 Bloor West | 5.45m | 1s | ProWinko | BDP Quadrangle

Permits pulled for Anne Fontaine last month:

1643403506236.png

I would’ve preferred à Ladurée or even better…. a full sit down service paul from Paris. . But I guess they’re not expanding into Toronto just yet. Bloor needs a nice European style resto With an outdoor patio,

New minor variance application! The architect is BDP Quadrangle

View attachment 448357

The rendering already depicts it, but Starbucks will be the tenant that faces Cumberland:

View attachment 448832
A Starbucks where you can actually sit and drink your coffee is becoming a rarity downtown after the pandemic.

Because a little bird whispered in my ear, I had a closer look at the plans....................

The existing Starbucks stays, but it is not being enlarged. The newly created space is not for them.

The BlogTO article is incorrect.

Attachments

• 1673058533159.png
    1673058533159.png
    816.2 KB · Views: 37
Because a little bird whispered in my ear, I had a closer look at the plans....................

The existing Starbucks stays, but it is not being enlarged. The newly created space is not for them.

The BlogTO article is incorrect.
So it's not a Starbucks? Unlikely to have 2 Starbucks so close together post-pandemic.

So it's not a Starbucks? Unlikely to have 2 Starbucks so close together post-pandemic.

There is a Starbucks there now. It's staying.

The net new space is not to enlarge their unit, it's a new unit.

There is a Starbucks there now. It's staying.

The net new space is not to enlarge their unit, it's a new unit.
I got your original post - it's not an expansion of the existing Starbucks facing Yorkville Park. But is the new unit another Starbucks (as depicted in the rendering) or another brand entirely?

I got your original post - it's not an expansion of the existing Starbucks facing Yorkville Park. But is the new unit another Starbucks (as depicted in the rendering) or another brand entirely?

Another brand, not related to Starbucks.

Based on the Retail-Insider article, which says that Saint Laurent is taking the former Brooks Brothers and J. Crew spaces, that new retail protrusion looks like a new entrance for Saint Laurent
- maybe as good as they can get to having a porte cochere or valet parking stand (but it faces the park)?

Last edited:
Based on the Retail-Insider article, which says that Saint Laurent is taking the former Brooks Brothers and J. Crew spaces, that new retail protrusion looks like a new entrance for Saint Laurent
- maybe as good as they can get to having a porte cochere or valet parking stand (but it faces the park)?

Makes sense. The space in the back was part of the Brooks Brothers, and housed a spiral staircase leading to their lower level retail. Since SL are taking over both units 5 and 6 on that ground level, the variance application could be for an entrance from the park to an entirely different concept/store on the lower floor. They had initially advertised it as suitable for a food venue, perhaps something similar to an Eataly/Pusitaris concept. Only time will tell I guess.

Back