Toronto 11 YV | 213m | 62s | Metropia | Sweeny &Co

February 15, 2023:

IMG_7294.jpg
IMG_7295.jpg
IMG_7296.jpg

Looks like the general contractor has insisted on this ugly window wall. They are known to be the decision makers who pull the bait and switch last minute.

Last edited:
Looks like the general contractor has insisted on this ugly window wall. They are known to be the decision makers who pull the bait and switch last minute.
It's the owner and the developer who make that decision. The CM (almost definitely not a GC on a job of this size) only executes their wishes.

...I thought that was a bit too heavy on shooting the messenger side of things. >.<

I am confused by the sheer lack of spandrel and cladding that is present so far - and I can't help but feel like I should reserve my judgement of the facade until Ive seen it all installed..

for example, it looks like the larger vertical fins still have to be covered with the grey panels to match the smaller ones, because as of right now it looks like exposed precast to me

I am confused by the sheer lack of spandrel and cladding that is present so far - and I can't help but feel like I should reserve my judgement of the facade until Ive seen it all installed..

for example, it looks like the larger vertical fins still have to be covered with the grey panels to match the smaller ones, because as of right now it looks like exposed precast to me
My thoughts exactly! This tower's facade is not looking like your standard all blue green glass facade seen in the rendering. There's more thick cladding around the windows having that solid dark tan look instead of the all blue green glass. And the shape of this tower does have that 1920s New Yorker art deco style look. Which might work well with the solid dark tan cladding and fins when finished after all lol!

The aluminum mullions crisscrossing the spandrel kill any potential for it to look good.

There won't be enough stone to soften the look. The podium is pathetically stubby and the upper portion of the tower will be a window-wall fest.

look at all these things crammed in here. exact same formula every time. no different shapes, no different rooflines, no different materials. architecture reduced to window treatments.

Back