Toronto 11 YV | 213m | 62s | Metropia | Sweeny &Co

You should hand in your moderator badge.

Why, just because you didn't like to be challenged on an issue that didn't require a moderating role? The proposal as it stands would pass muster back then as good enough, relative to Crystal Blu or whatnot. Considering projects like 50 Scollard (hardly megatall at 41s, that) around the block, this is no longer sufficient especially given the ask.

AoD

Last edited:
Actually, I love the banter, you may keep your moderator badge. But use your great powers wisely.

I certainly will miss the varied streetscape here. It's not dense enough, sure, but the replacement won't capture the variation and 'messiness' currently on site:

IMG_8991[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8991[1].JPG
    IMG_8991[1].JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 1,847
From KWT’s newsletter:

Growing Parkland in Yorkville

City Council approved an amended section 37 agreement to help coordinate the creation of a new park between two separate developments at 27-37 Yorkville Avenue (33 Yorkville) and 11-21 Yorkville Avenue (11 Yorkville). 33 Yorkville had previously received approvals that would create an on-site 583.5 m2 public park in 2017. A recent development application at 11 Yorkville proposes its own on-site parkland dedication, with the size to be determined. The motion ensures that the two sites coordinate efforts to create a single larger park to be enjoyed by the local community for years to come.

I certainly will miss the varied streetscape here. It's not dense enough, sure, but the replacement won't capture the variation and 'messiness' currently on site:

View attachment 141640

Totally agree. But how can we insinuate "messiness" into our giant downtown suburb - Cityplace? Podiums are built but if we can mess up the street level, maybe folks will feel like a neighbourhood is in the offing...

But there is 'good' messiness ... and 'bad' messiness.
I'd like to suggest that this is 'bad' messiness and will benefit from being replaced.

i was thinking if they use golden fins and darkfer blue glass it will look amazing.

Back