Toronto 101 Erskine Condos | 106.07m | 32s | Tridel | CS&P

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
I love the townhomes, but the tower looks like a 'different to be different' mish-mash. Design a standard condo tower, add a black top, some black at the sides, throw in some OCAD-like table sticks for good measure and voila.

Let's all take the time to applaud Mr. Skelcher.

Resident calls for more Yonge-Eglinton development

It’s not often you get a resident coming to a council meeting asking politicians to approve more development in their neighbourhood.

But that’s exactly what happened last week when Erskine Avenue resident Jonathan Skelcher came to North York Community Council to urge politicians to approve a 32-storey residential building containing 422 units at 99 Erskine Ave. and 66 Broadway Ave., northeast of Eglinton Avenue and Yonge Street.

He said the developments should proceed as long as developers pay to upgrade infrastructure and amenities in the neighbourhood.

But not everyone is as thrilled with the proposed development.

“We never, ever get the other side and it’s interesting to see the other side,†said York West Councillor Anthony Perruzza, who said normally residents come to council meetings to complain developments will add to traffic headaches and put pressure on already overcrowded amenities such as schools, parks and sewers.

More - http://www.zuza.com/news-story/1312658-resident-calls-for-more-yonge-eglinton-development/

101 Erskine on the front page with site pics, the scale model, and new interior renderings.

Thanks for posting, I have a question about the article though:
The article refers to "postwar single family homes" that are interspersed with the 60's apartment buildings. When I see the houses that will be demolished at Redpath & Roehampton, or other houses near the intersection, they seem to be mostly Edwardian style houses, which I understood to be mainly built in the early 1900s. Assuming the war being referred to is WW2, that would make many of the houses pre-war right? My understanding is that the town of North Toronto grew quite a lot while it was a streetcar suburb before WW2 or the Yonge subway.

Some activity on site this morning:

IMG_20140926_070440.jpg

IMG_20140926_070458.jpg

IMG_20140926_070502.jpg

IMG_20140926_070523.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140926_070440.jpg
    IMG_20140926_070440.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 1,301
  • IMG_20140926_070458.jpg
    IMG_20140926_070458.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • IMG_20140926_070502.jpg
    IMG_20140926_070502.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_20140926_070523.jpg
    IMG_20140926_070523.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 1,267
Sales here must have been really slow, at least that's my guess (unless there were other issues) as condos have started marketing in the area after this and started before, 30 Minto comes to mine, at least I think.

I'll have front row seats so will supply contributions to the forum ... just about my only ones since my famous BA West shot in the early day ... okay I like to call if famous as it made to a couple forums ... its all relative : )

Sales here must have been really slow, at least that's my guess (unless there were other issues) as condos have started marketing in the area after this and started before, 30 Minto comes to mine, at least I think.

I'll have front row seats so will supply contributions to the forum ... just about my only ones since my famous BA West shot in the early day ... okay I like to call if famous as it made to a couple forums ... its all relative : )

Is that a bad sign for the condo demand here, I wonder.

Is that a bad sign for the condo demand here, I wonder.

To be fair this is a little far away from Y&E, notice there are no more rental / condos north of Erskine really, this is the northern frontier of this area so to speak .. so its not great from that point of view compared to all the other developments that are more central. That'd be my take.

You'll be in the minority if the front page comments are any indication.

Next will likely be the Montgomery Square site I suspect. From my short time following these projects I've gotten an impression that rental buildings are generally quicker in commencing construction.

Back