Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

holy crap, the old 1993 Metro Toronto OP still applies to this. That is not what I expected, the amalgamated Toronto OP is 14 years old now.

Wow, I knew these buildings were coming, but that's really dense!, and has yet to include whatever's going to happen on the Loblaw portion. Presuming that Loblaws is going to stay, I would've liked the park to be directly adjacent to it. Buy a lunch meal, and sit in the park to enjoy it (and the industrial view of Redpath).

I'm assuming we'll see more twin towers here, unfortunately. It would also be nice to see more variable heights to the buildings so we don't end up with a scenario similar to what is happening in the Entertainment District:

latest

Yea I understand why, just amazes me. How in the world is the COTA still partially under appeal at the board? No planning policy should take more than 15 friggen years to get approved in full.

How many bedrooms? 3+?

How many floors will be used by the elementary and high schools? Public and Catholic of course. Couldn't the pool(s) and green space be used by both residents and school students?

Can you imagine the lines of school buses they'll need if they don't include schools? Or the lines to the ferry to get to the Island School (link)?

You want the kids in the pool with adults? Don't have kids yet but when I do I don't want them swimming with random adults..

Yeah I don't think it would be that hard to figure out the logistics should they make a community pool - which I think is a great idea, though I'm thinking more Regent Park Aquatic Centre vs a floor in a condo building. I just think it's so dense, with little foresight for the actual community living there.

There will be a community centre with a pool at 1-7 Yonge.

upload_2016-5-13_8-43-16.png

(Level 3 - 1-7 Yonge Architectural Plans)

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-13_8-43-16.png
    upload_2016-5-13_8-43-16.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 888
Last edited:
That's awesome! Love it. It would be nice if the LCBO proposal had some community-centric offerings aside from the park.

Back