Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

106D797B-018E-4EA6-8246-AA268EE3E9E7.jpeg

That's more than 8 years. The Corus building was finished external construction in 2009 or so. Sugar Beach opened around then too.

I went with the date of the post.

The photo itself has 2 date marks, 2012 and 2010.

I don't know the actual date of the image capture.

Still, quite the transformation.

Definitely huge changes! My guess would be the photo is somewhere between 2000-2005. But I'm sure someone around here will know.

Just looked at the Chorus thread, not sure if it went first off the top of my head, but it broke ground early 2008.

Looks early 2007 to me. 18 Yonge is done construction, but MLS hasn't start construction yet. The second last pinnacle tower hasn't started either.

Now that Apple is actually spending substantial coin on Apple Maps, the satellite imagery in it is often more up-to-date than Google's.

Google has most of the GTA on 2018 imagery right now. A few areas are newer with 2019, specifically Pickering and parts of Mississauga, but it's mostly 2018.

Google's "standard" imagery is often quite old, they tend to update it every 3 years or so on average I would guess, however if you use Google Earth still, it has a "historic" imagery feature that lets you view some newer stuff, that just usually isn't as high quality. Usually you can get some newer stuff that way, but even that only has 2018 imagery for most of the GTA. They did catch some new imagery for the immediate downtown core this spring though that's available through that.

Here's Apple Maps' view of The Well site. Way too contrasty, but from last Fall I suppose:

ApplMpsWell.png

And now back to 100 Queens Quay?

Back