Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

Yes it's a box, but when RBC Waterpark and Sun Life first went up, they looked pretty bland. Now with Harbour Plaza up, they complement each other well. Fingers crossed something impressive complements this.

Am I the only one that doesn't hate this? I get that the "blocky" design might seem sterile but if proper materials are used then it can turn out as good as the MaRS Building

Do we really need a Kuwabara inspired box and on a podium? The podium does nothing except make it look sub urban.

The problem is MaRS Phase II isn't that great either.

AoD
I would have to disagree. It's no more minimalist than Mies' TD Centre so I think it could very well end up being just as iconic

That's not to say this LCBO Tower will be as respectable, but I wouldn't knock it just yet

I would have to disagree. It's no more minimalist than Mies' TD Centre so I think it could very well end up being just as iconic

That's not to say this LCBO Tower will be as respectable, but I wouldn't knock it just yet

That's the problem - MaRS 2 is far less minimalist than TD Centre; neither is this proposal (same firm, BTW). It is of the same calibre as other office projects along this stretch.

AoD

Today:
IMG_9659.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9659.JPG
    IMG_9659.JPG
    775 KB · Views: 647

Back