Toronto 100 Bond | 67.45m | 23s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I’d love to get some of what this architect was smoking. What a terrible intersection of the tower and podium, not to mention the dated office building facade. What a shame.

Wow, this is atrocious. Don't we have a design review panel in this city? What are they doing?

I'd gladly keep the character that's there now over this soulless junk.

If they're going to destroy more of the city's heritage it should be, at the very least, outstanding.
You've been on UrbanToronto for years and years and years @syn, so what's keeping you from recognizing that it's too early in the process for this to have gone to the DRP yet?

This train wreck of a proposal has a real April Fool's absurdity to it. Kind of like the joke design (design teams always have a joke design somewhere in their midst, right...?) got revealed by mistake.

You've been on UrbanToronto for years and years and years @syn, so what's keeping you from recognizing that it's too early in the process for this to have gone to the DRP yet?

This is true.

What I should've written is that I have little faith they'll make much of a difference given what's consistently approved in this city.

The brown and black facade on the west side is gorgeous. The rendering suggests decent quality too. 2 thumbs up.

This is far more sophisticated than the typical stuff we were getting 2000-2019 and a noticeable step up from what got built a few blocks east (Jarvis and Dundas E). We're used to seeing architecture like this in Melbourne, London, Amsterdam, etc. It's been a frustrating wait (20 years) so it's great to see we're finally getting comparable proposals in Toronto.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't get watered down.

Last edited:
No new renderings are updated in the database! There are some minor changes to the project information. The total unit count increased from 287 units to 311 units. The total parking count decreased from 4 to 2 parking spaces. Finally, the overall building height changed from 84.45m to 84.22m.

Seems that the podium design has been changed:
Screenshot 2023-06-08 193719.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-08 193834.jpg
Screenshot 93748.jpg

That front blue/white striped generic office facade ruins this promising building. The Design Review Panel needs an overhaul if they approved this. New progressive mayor = new panel w high quality taste.

That front blue/white striped generic office facade ruins this promising building. The Design Review Panel needs an overhaul if they approved this. New progressive mayor = new panel w high quality taste.
The DRP's decisions are nonbinding. The applicant is free to accept the advice or ignore it as they choose.

Back