Toronto 10 Grenoble | 174m | 54s | Osmington Gerofsky | a—A

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The Lobbyist Registry tells us this these tower-in-the-park style apartments are in play in some fashion.

To the extent that the the above addresses describe the entirety of the site(s) it's a rather peculiar shape.

But regardless the obvious play here would be an infill tower.

Here's the aerial pic:

1648665671773.png

Note that Don Mills road is off to the left (west) and you're about mid-way from Overlea to Eglinton here.

Site area as described is ~3.8 hectares / 9.5 acres inclusive of the 2 existing hirise apartment buildings on the site.

Streetview, with 10 Grenoble in the foreground:

1648665880604.png

Signage indicates WJ properties for both of the noted buildings, while the southerly building suggests different ownership/management.

The Lobbyist Registry tells us this these tower-in-the-park style apartments are in play in some fashion.

To the extent that the the above addresses describe the entirety of the site(s) it's a rather peculiar shape.

But regardless the obvious play here would be an infill tower.

Here's the aerial pic:

View attachment 388930

Note that Don Mills road is off to the left (west) and you're about mid-way from Overlea to Eglinton here.

Site area as described is ~3.8 hectares / 9.5 acres inclusive of the 2 existing hirise apartment buildings on the site.

Streetview, with 10 Grenoble in the foreground:

View attachment 388931

Signage indicates WJ properties for both of the noted buildings, while the southerly building suggests different ownership/management.
Could you clarify infill tower as the obvious play? Are you suggesting putting in an additional tower or two in the empty parts of the property like 25 St Dennis Drive just east of this project did? or rather tearing the existing buildings down and making a mixed-use development similar to 7-11 Rochefort just to the north of this? Thx

Could you clarify infill tower as the obvious play? Are you suggesting putting in an additional tower or two in the empty parts of the property like 25 St Dennis Drive just east of this project did? or rather tearing the existing buildings down and making a mixed-use development similar to 7-11 Rochefort just to the north of this? Thx

Infill meaning additional buildings.

For clarity, I have not see the plans, but in my judgement, that is the likely play, there is enough 'empty' land to achieve that here.

Replacing the existing buildings, given there size/height is a less economical proposition.

Not implausible, but far less likely it seems to me.

Infill meaning additional buildings.

For clarity, I have not see the plans, but in my judgement, that is the likely play, there is enough 'empty' land to achieve that here.

Replacing the existing buildings, given there size/height is a less economical proposition.

Not implausible, but far less likely it seems to me.
I would personally tear both buildings down and build a nice mixed use development here. I am hearing from tenants that the buildings have many issues with them and repairs are not being done in an adequate manner so perhaps the cost of maintaining them might be enough to convince the builder to tear them down. But in any case time will tell but yes the Infill option likely is the case here.

It's a big one. aA / MBTW / Urban Strategies / Bousfields at the helm:

Updated-Site-Plan_website.jpg
Aerial-view-looking-northeast.jpg
Street-level-view-looking-southwest-at-public-park.jpg
View-looking-southeast-at-10-Grenoble-Drive.jpg
View-looking-southwest-at-10-Grenoble-Drive-from-new-public-road.jpg

View attachment 416358View attachment 416359View attachment 416360View attachment 416361View attachment 416362

In terms of the layout.........I would call that creative............seriously. More being squeezed in than I expected.

On that layout, since I don't have a Block context Plan in front of me; do you know @ProjectEnd how the 200 Gateway parcel is envisioned? ie. is it perceived as something with development potential with protected separation distances, or is it envisioned as something the City would buy to add to the proposed park?

Any development on the 200 Gateway site (north end, abutting the park) would cast the park in perpetual shade, which the City would presumably oppose; so I'm thinking a City purchase to create a larger park makes a great deal of sense here.

I support the idea of the new N-S road as it will improve connectivity in the area.

On the architecture.........aA is ......well, aA..........it appears, at first blush, highly competent w/characteristic clean lines...........if exceedingly bland.

Last edited:

View attachment 416358View attachment 416359View attachment 416360View attachment 416361View attachment 416362

I am an area resident and strongly support this development. Personally I wished they would have demolished the existing rental units but it is what it is at this point. I wonder if the project will go ahead as is since it's so squeezed in. I assume they will have to remove 1 tower but I hope not.

Also the N-S road is key! It will also be extended through the Rochefort project and then CreateTO has already purchased some the church property to make it straight and then extend it North of Eglinton (i.e. Gervais - where the Science Centre Station - Ontario Line / Eglinton Lrt Bus Terminal is)

Love seeing Flemo becoming more developed and reshaped. It was years in the making. Just a matter of time more projects are announced.

Reactions: neo
I am an area resident and strongly support this development. Personally I wished they would have demolished the existing rental units but it is what it is at this point. I wonder if the project will go ahead as is since it's so squeezed in. I assume they will have to remove 1 tower but I hope not.

They won't have to remove an existing tower; their creative use of shapes and massing means they've achieved adequate separation distances, both from their own towers, and those just to the east and south-west.

In terms of new towers, they will have already selected where windows will exist in each building and should be able to achieve the required standards in that respect.

The way in which the buildings are lined up will also minimally interfere w/any southern/overhead sun in respect of net new shadows; they may have some issue in that regard in terms of eastern/western sun, but I don't think it will be a make or break issue at all.

Also the N-S road is key! It will also be extended through the Rochefort project and then CreateTO has already purchased some the church property to make it straight and then extend it North of Eglinton (i.e. Gervais - where the Science Centre Station - Ontario Line / Eglinton Lrt Bus Terminal is)

Love seeing Flemo becoming more developed and reshaped. It was years in the making. Just a matter of time more projects are announced.

👍

Movement here with a resubmission proposing the following changes:
  • Storeys increased from 52, 46, 42 & 34 to 54, 50, 47, 41-storeys (incl. mezz level above ground floor)
  • Heights increased from 169, 151, 139 & 115m to 174, 162, 154 & 135m
  • Total proposed residential units increased from 2478 to 2536
  • Total vehicular parking decreased from 817 to 760
  • Total bicycle parking increased from 2480 to 2542
Updated rendering:
p1_4.jpg

Last edited:
Great update from @Paclo as always, but let me add a bit of detail from the Planning Report:

1717186459084.png

1717186511947.png

1717186528842.png

1717186602728.png

1717186655994.png

1717186698931.png

1717186774951.png

1717186804965.png

1717186892976.png

The above is an excellent illustration of the park shape. Note how this park can be consolidated to a future one to the south to make usable space.

A close-up:

1717187019896.png

This is good! This makes sense and helps make a very functional, decent sized park.

It looks like they can get to a 4000m2+ park* with the 2 dedications which is roughly 1 acre; its not enough for a sports field, but its solid.

* to achieve this they will have to get a larger dedication from the 200 Gateway proposal. There is land available in that proposal as is; and should there be a trade involving greater height, but slimmer form, particularly at the podium level, it should be feasible.

Last edited:

Back