Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

are there any new renderings for this project. i believe the only one we have is the illustration from the base of the two towers.

are there any new renderings for this project. i believe the only one we have is the illustration from the base of the two towers.
ya i think a cool spot would be from the cn tower. but other than that, ya we've only had ones from the base

I highly doubt they would have a credit problem if you realize who the builders are (they have a lot of estates and money). The only thing that would stop them from building is lack of sales. From what my agent told me, they seem to be around 70% sold. But there's still the second tower they haven't released yet.

I highly doubt they would have a credit problem if you realize who the builders are (they have a lot of estates and money). The only thing that would stop them from building is lack of sales. From what my agent told me, they seem to be around 70% sold. But there's still the second tower they haven't released yet.

I don't know. With every report I see that says a given tower is "70% sold," I get surer and surer that that's just a development-industry in-joke. Seventy-percent, nudge nudge snicker.

I wonder if they're even going to finish the sales centre. Could this be the first sales centre stump?

FYI - I've seen this site on a daily as of late. Quite a bit of progress has been made on the sales center so they're definitely still working on it.

I don't know. With every report I see that says a given tower is "70% sold," I get surer and surer that that's just a development-industry in-joke. Seventy-percent, nudge nudge snicker.

They did very well during previews, but that was before all of the recent turmoil. It will be interesting to see what kind of activity the release of the second tower generates. 70% is a figure that was often tossed around as a target to move beyond the pre-construction sales stage - so it is something that sales staff might suggest here and there and a figure that many people tend to drop on this forum - as far as your "inside joke" suggestion I can assure you that there are plenty of reliable sales sources that provide accurate data.

Agreed, I think these figures are fairly accurate, although this would include a number who may have only paid the first 5% of the down payment, that is, a few people who may "walk" if they feel that the circumstances have changed enough that they may not complete their purchase.

I think it's a safe assumption that the first tower is a "go". The big question on this development is when, or indeed if, the second tower will come to market.

70% is a figure that was often tossed around as a target to move beyond the pre-construction sales stage - so it is something that sales staff might suggest here and there and a figure that many people tend to drop on this forum - as far as your "inside joke" suggestion I can assure you that there are plenty of reliable sales sources that provide accurate data.

No doubt, no doubt. I don't really think it's an inside joke. But, anecdotally speaking, I never seem to hear people on the forum claiming (or quoting a sales agent who claims) that a tower is 40% sold, or 60% sold. Maybe I just have 70%-tinted goggles on, but I keep seeing that figure.

And so I wonder: while accurate data can be had by those who do the research, is it possible that 70% a convenient figure to give to someone who's wandering into a sales centre? High enough to give a sense of urgency, low enough to maintain plausible deniability if units stay on the market for quite some time thereafter...?

umm... not really. I think alafleur is an agent. He said Fly condo is 30% sold. I don't think that building is gonna fly.

Condo Guide AD

According to the most recent issue of Condo Guide ... the ICE Condos presentation centre is 'finally' open at the southwest corner of York & Bremner ~

to complete the record, this is ICE condo's printed ad that totally mis-led me to my message from Dec 8th :p

ICE_ad.jpg

Back