Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Difficult to actually call that a kitchen. I guess it's ok if you don't cook or entertain much. The common areas are looking great though.

s5oazpn.jpg

Beautiful picture. Wow I can count so many new additions that 10 years ago did not exist at all. Hard to believe across the road from ICE we have the two Harbour Plaza towers going up (735ft, 765ft) plus another 530ft+ office tower as well as Ten York (730ft).

Also add into this shot 88 Scott (665ft), One Bloor (845ft), YC Condos (650ft), 1 Yorkville (610ft), Ernst & Yonge Tower (615ft), INDX (580ft), Massey (670ft), and then we get into the proposals... this shot will look totally insane by 2025.

Difficult to actually call that a kitchen. I guess it's ok if you don't cook or entertain much. The common areas are looking great though.

Since we are doomed to have Kitchen-walls in our Condo living rooms from now on... is it so much to ask for a sliding panel wall that covers the kitchen when not in use?

Since we are doomed to have Kitchen-walls in our Condo living rooms from now on... is it so much to ask for a sliding panel wall that covers the kitchen when not in use?

I believe tableau has this. You're right, though. They build these linear kitchens right smack dab in the middle of the living room. At least build a door to cover up the kitchen. Who wants to be sitting right next to a stove and some dirty dishes?

Worst thing about this is I've seen 1000sqft units with 2 bedrooms and a tiny linear kitchen. Are we really headed this way?

If I had to have a linear kitchen I'd rather have something with an island to break up the space a bit like this:

2554.jpg

But I get that this type of design may not be practical for a smaller space.

I've seen some other kitchen/living spaces where you can actually cook while standing in your living room! It definitely makes the space seem more open but from a functionality standpoint, a physical separation would be nice. I think the kitchen island is actually perfect. Not only does it act as a visual separation, it's functional as both a seating and storage area.

What the heck are you supposed to do with that tiny sink? Have fun washing pots in that thing!
I was thinking the same thing, poor functionality and use of space. Can you at least put plates in the cabinets above and have them drain into the sink? So cramped. I would never want to live there.

Does anyone know what is to happen to that concrete wall on the north side while the final phase awaits development? Hopefully it will be dressed up somehow.

What the heck are you supposed to do with that tiny sink? Have fun washing pots in that thing!

I noticed that too. It looks more like a small bar sink.
Also, is there even a dishwasher in the kitchen?
There is not enough clearance to put one below the stovetop or sink.
I'm guessing there's a single dishwasher drawer behind that door below the oven which is still very small.
There's always the shower to wash your pots...

All you need room for is the knife and fork you used with your Lean Cuisine. These people don't cook. Heck! Most of them don't even eat! They stay thin so they don't overwhelm the diminutive space they live in. They just lick a Tic Tac from time to time.

Back