Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

DSCN2060_zps69eccce9.jpg

Those towers are beautiful, but the layouts are deplorable. The largest 1-bedroom in Ice 1 is 100 sq. ft. smaller than the one I have in the oft-maligned ROCP.

Turns out that is better to live in the old condo buildings and enjoy looking at Ice than living in Ice and looking at the old condo buildings.

Couldn't agree more. I'll like living in Infinity and admiring ICE from the street. The only suite that appeals to me is the 3 bedroom Brondby model - at 1357 sq ft (too bad it had a 2008 price of $825K, equivalent square footage in 10 York is $1M+). All the other 2/3 beds suck.

Crystal Blu is another one of those hated buildings, but how many have ever been inside? 10 ft ceilings for every unit, functional floor plans, Miele and Wolf appliances, no more than five suites per floor. Great end user building (much like RoCP)

Well that's my point - a lot of the panned buildings architecturally have better layouts than the ones that are loved. I'll often see comments from threads with not so good looking developments but great units and read comments like 'who would ever want to live there?' there's more to it than the architecture. Ideally I'd like to see good architecture and unit design...Anyway, this will be the last comment from me on this I'm not looking to turn this into a another thread derail like the Massey Tower one.

Back