Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Amazing to think that if you went back in time 10 years and showed that photo to someone who has lived in Toronto their whole life, they might not have been able to figure out if that was Toronto.

Amazing to think that if you went back in time 10 years and showed that photo to someone who has lived in Toronto their whole life, they might not have been able to figure out if that was Toronto.

Amazing indeed, especially when you realize that those few remaining gaps will all be filled in within another 10 years.

Technically the first Waterclub condo (8 York) broke ground in 2001, out of frame The Riviera also broke ground in 2001, and there were dozens of others that existed already on Queens Quay W

Last edited:
Any way you look at it, it's a spectacular view! I have friends from California who visit every 2-3 years and they are blown away by the downtown growth and the height of the buildings. I tried to describe the building boom to them before they came and they thought I was just making it up, that it couldn't be possible due to the current economic problems they are experiencing (they are from Sacramento).When I drove along the Gardiner with them, there was dead silence from their usually boasting voices. It was great!

By my count, I think they're working on 56 this week. Almost there now.

8279714046_7355b04c17_b.jpg

8279714870_c401c8eb1d_b.jpg

incredible!.
what's unique about these views, is that owners above infinity phase 2 will essentially have an unobstructed view of the CN tower for eternity.
*the view to the north is also fairly unobstructed, although when Delta and Southcore Tower 2 are built, and that office tower north of ICE is built, it'll change.
As to whether Southcore will be a lively neighbourhood (especially at night) has yet to be seen, but nonetheless, these towers have thus far surpassed all my expectations.

Back