News   Apr 25, 2024
 364     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

TOBuilt

Re: Re: TOBuilt

Cdl42, the address is in the first paragraph of the article.

Congrats, Arch... it really is amazing that this was done by one person.

Congratulations Bob.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the good wishes, it's been nice getting feedback today. I was lucky with the article, because I met the journalist at a dinner party in July, before the site went up, and she kept in contact and pushed for the article.

Ganj, I pretty much haven't done the TTC buildings, apart from some subway stops and the headquarters building. I will definitely add them, though some of the complexes are are not that accessible. Even the subway stops I have been a bit careless with - going by sometimes without taking photos of them. I've been better with libraries, which I listed early and targetted directly.

I will add the Sentinel buildings - I love those housing complexes, they can be quite interesting. Architects got to have a bit of fun when it was public housing.

Just so you know, TOBuilt will become part of a larger UrbanToronto site, and I mentioned that to the reporter, but I'm not surprised not to see it in the article.

Finally got to the Saturday paper. Nice one Bob!

The decision to go with blue sky, whenever possible, gives a democratic visual unity to the photographs and contains a subliminal suggestion that they were all taken at the same time.

Mark S., did you not have a problem with viewing images? If you can tell me what browser you were using? Was it Mozilla? Do you know what fixed it? I'm hearing from other people that its happening.

^everything worked fine once I disabled the internet security (norton) program

Awesome work!

But I too am having problems viewing the images. The images appear fine for me in Internet explorer, but none at all show up in firefox.

I tried to go to the URL
www.acadieville.ca/tobuil...OBuilt.jpg in firefox and I see the following error: "Invalid index."

When I go to the same URL in IE I can see the image fine.

The jpg itself seems fine, so this problem is a bit strange. Hopefully this info helps you narrow down the problem a bit.

Great news for us to not only have Bob's legacy continue but, to now have the resources to fill in all the blanks

Back