2.1K     1 

TOBuilt Rises from the Dead

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.tobuilt.ca/

October 25, 2010: End of TOBuilt

Thanks for your support over the years. I no longer have time to maintain this site or keep the data up to date. I've struggled with a decision about whether or not to re-engage and become more active with gathering data and photographing buildings, but my heart has not been in it.

Tonight, with the election of Rob Ford, my mind has been made up about how to proceed. Our new belligerent, homophobic, liar of a mayor, and the fact that the city around me voted for him overwhelmingly, seals my decision. Torontonians have voted for four years of backwardness and chaos, and I at the moment I have no desire at all to even be in the city, much less traveling its breadth in a quest to document its built environment.

Thanks for your support over the years. Best of luck.

And even the database is gone--tragic...

What a sour and over-dramatic move. For God's sake, it's not going to change that much if we don't let it. (The mayoral situation, I mean.)

I'm a little embarrassed for him.

RF surfed the angry Tea Party wave into office. Nothing more, nothing less. Being melodramatic about His Crassness just feeds the monster. Oh well , it's Halloween times, bizarre has cachet for the moment.

So now RF casts a shadow over the built form? Only when back lit.

I just don't understand the dramatics. Change is good. Tension is good. They are the opposite of apathy which is always what seems to plague Toronto.

What a sour and over-dramatic move. For God's sake, it's not going to change that much if we don't let it. (The mayoral situation, I mean.)

I'm a little embarrassed for him.

Me too. It was a usefull site that will be missed

i don't know how i'll ever celebrate thanksgiving again. "prometheus, would you like some gravy on that turkey?" "um, would you like some turkey UP YOUR FRIGGEN ASS! WITHOUT GRAAAAAAAAAVY?" "IT'S TURKEY JUICE GAD DAMN IT!"

I don't think we've been here before. It seems similar ... but different ... to where we once were. I'll miss TOBuilt, though - it was a very useful resource.

Pity - I quite liked Archivist but I'm disappointed to see him react this way.

Dramatics or not, the feeling of despair in the gay community is huge. Never did we think we'd be here again.
You're making it seem like the gays are going to get targeted by the police, abused, jailed and executed. This isn't the God forsaken Middle East!

Sure, Pride might not get its city funding, neither will Caribana - but it will be up to these festivals to find the money by themselves. The private sector already donates a lot, just get a bit more!

Back