Time and Space Condos (Pemberton) - Real Estate -

Hi guys
Maybe somebody knows the air filter size which is supposed to be replaced every 3 months. Also, if it is LL responsibility?
I believe property manager does semi-annual fan coil maintenance and change the air filter. for more frequent change then it would be done by residents. you can find out the size, open the metal cover, you'll see the filter inserted right in the lower front.

We just had PDI today, and this is probably the worst PDI I ever had. There's some critical issues that the unit is practically not ready but tomorrow's occupancy. For those that are going to have PDI, I'd recommend to check carefully and list every single item with the inspector or in Tarion.

Some of the issues that we found:

Some major appearance issue:
  • All windows surrounding frame areas have gaps and some gap is as wide as 1.5 centimetre.
  • The unit walls throughout needs to be painted and some area doesn’t have paint at all
  • Windows have paint, marks and dusts all over.
  • One of the bathroom door frame is missing

Some critical issues:
  • We purchased the blinds, and they are missing & not installed
  • storage room is unknown
  • Fridge is missing
  • Laundry machines (washer and dryer) are missing
  • All toilet seats are missing
  • No water
  • Windows can’t be closed (has issue of closing, need to be fixed)
  • Bathroom shower floor some tile has sharp edge exposed on surface (could cut bare feet) that needs to be buffed smoothly
any updates??

I just had PDI and pretty much I have the same experience as you

my occupancy is tmrw but nothing is ready.....

I talked to my lawer but she said if builders got the permit nothing much they can do......

it's unbelievable to pay almost $3000 for occupancy fee for condo like this

Hi guys
Maybe somebody knows the air filter size which is supposed to be replaced every 3 months. Also, if it is LL responsibility?
There are three possibilities re fan coil (or heat pump) maintenance.
1. They belong to the Owner and the owner is responsible for repairs, replacement and, of course, filters.
2. They belong to the Owner but the Condo Corporation has decided to make an annual inspection to avoid problems and to change the filter at that time. (Owner is still responsible and they need to be replaced at least 2X per year - more if you have pets.)
3. They belong to the Corporation and the Corporation are fully responsible for repair, replacement and all filters. This would be organised by the Property Manager who is employed by the Corporation.

You need to look at the Declaration to see who owns them!

(In condos it is clearer NOT to refer to Landlords. There are two choices, Owner or Condo Corporation. An Owner can ALSO be a landlord if they lease their Unit. )

any updates??

I just had PDI and pretty much I have the same experience as you

my occupancy is tmrw but nothing is ready.....

I talked to my lawer but she said if builders got the permit nothing much they can do......

it's unbelievable to pay almost $3000 for occupancy fee for condo like this
Our lawyer provided a better idea instead of asking for the delay of cashing cheques (as there's really no compensation), my lawyer requested that for some highlighted missing items we will ask for credits during final closing. it was acknowledged by builder's lawyer. For example, locker isn't assigned and i've been paying for that, internet isn't ready till end of September, other major items include in the units that are not fit for occupancy.

Reactions: CDH
Our lawyer provided a better idea instead of asking for the delay of cashing cheques (as there's really no compensation), my lawyer requested that for some highlighted missing items we will ask for credits during final closing. it was acknowledged by builder's lawyer. For example, locker isn't assigned and i've been paying for that, internet isn't ready till end of September, other major items include in the units that are not fit for occupancy.
How much closing credit will you be able to ask? I wonder if it's worth it if it's just a few hundred dollars.

I wish I had seen these reviews before but having said that their reputation was great in 2017 when most of us bought pre-con. I am now hearing the owner is incredibly cheap and hence why we are facing issues now. Not to mention the whole DUI controversy.

How much closing credit will you be able to ask? I wonder if it's worth it if it's just a few hundred dollars.
Depends on your unit situation, our lawyer highlight few key items to be delivered then the unit is "fit" for occupancy. if these items are not there then we will ask for credit, days of missing times occupancy fee/30days. That was the lawyers comments made to builder lawyer. So at the end it could be few hundred or up to few thousands depending how quickly the builder fixes these key deficiencies

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a forum or Facebook group or something for current residents to share information about progress of carpet installation, what we've heard from taking to crossbridge/pemberton, etc.? Maybe this thread is the closest that exists?

Does anyone have an issue with AC???
It's been past a week from the occupancy date but still AC and entire HAVC system didn't work on our unit

I have done my PDI.. its unbelievable that a builder such as Pemberton would deliver such garbage. No craftsmanship, scratches in all windows, no sealing in windows or falling off, water leak, missing dishwasher, no backsplash, no countertops, no mirrors in bathrooms, oven doesn't turn on, no shower door, no cooktop, .....list can go on and on...and they do PDI a day before occupancy. Very sad to be given a unit in such a horrible condition and expect people to move in.

I have done my PDI.. its unbelievable that a builder such as Pemberton would deliver such garbage. No craftsmanship, scratches in all windows, no sealing in windows or falling off, water leak, missing dishwasher, no backsplash, no countertops, no mirrors in bathrooms, oven doesn't turn on, no shower door, no cooktop, .....list can go on and on...and they do PDI a day before occupancy. Very sad to be given a unit in such a horrible condition and expect people to move in.
If potential buyers had looked into Pemberton they might have learned that this is common with their projects. Caveat Emptor!

Back