News   Apr 23, 2024
 404     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Thoughts on this 2Bed+Den? (Discovery)

condolier

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this layout? It's from Discovery @ Leslie and Sheppard in building B. The unit is 882 sq ft, plus 126 sq ft balcony. The approximate dimensions (from what i gather from this floor plan) are (W x H):

Master Bedroom: 11'x12'
Living/Dining: 15.5'x11'
Den: 8'x6'
2nd Bedroom: 11'x9'

Discovery Suite 09.jpg

(Bigger image here)

Attachments

• Discovery Suite 09.jpg
    Discovery Suite 09.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 504
I like the bedroom sizes. Both decent and split bedroom layout is nice.

Don't like the fact that the front door opens right into the kitchen area.

Would prefer a longer length for the living/dining area.

Den is good size for a home office. Pantry space in kitchen is nice.

That's a great floor plan!

No wasted space at all and I like how the den is smack dab in the centre of the unit yet secluded. Would make for a great office away from life going on in the living/kitchen areas.

Looks like there is good closet space and the pantry is a nice touch (though that depends on your needs).

I don't mind the W/D in the kitchen so much. Placed anywhere else and it would be taking space away. And it doesn't take from any counter space considering the island which looks to be pretty long.

There's a bit of a foyer at the front door which is nice.

Decent layout. I'd get rid of the 2nd closet in the master bedroom (one on same wall as that circular pillar). If more closet space is needed, then cut into the den, or get rid of the den and make a nice walk-in closet/storage space.

Just curious, what would something like this cost at Discovery?

Wow - generally I don't like layouts where you walk into your kitchen from the entry or have to walk past the kitchen to get to the l/r. This takes it to an extreme. You don't just walk past the kitchen but you in fact have to walk through it.

Normally with such a long breakfast bar (kitchen island), you could put some great bar stools there, but with the space being used as the main thoroughfare to the live/dine and master bedroom, it will make it difficult. The separation of the 2 bedrooms is great.

I wish more condos were built to a layout like this. It can even suit a family of 4 if you put a bed in the den.

I think that's a very good layout. The bedrooms are great sizes, and the den in no way resembles a glorified closet or nook in between the front door and the kitchen like it does in so many other projects.
I personally would appreciate a bit longer longer living/dining area.

Back