News   Jul 26, 2024
 991     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Labour might be cheaper, but it is probably less efficient. The building that is going up next to me, which is a standard new condo construction - has 100 (that I can count - i.e. see) "working" on it.

The standard concrete pour that use to be used has been changed to a new mix (very recent I believe) - which means it is potentially patented?. The problem with old construction in Bangkok is that they will not last as long (maybe 70 years max). It is a problem with evaporation in tropical areas which had to be offset by mist being sprayed on (but not perfect).

If it was just cheap labour and cheap materials that made this construction possible, Africa would be awash in high quality projects. Which is not the case.

The reason I believe why quality construction & projects gets done elsewhere is basically what is considered acceptable along with competition. Toronto attitude has come to the point where they general public accepts crap, and the lowest common denominator is that we will build it for as cheaply as we can (problem with those that sponsor the projects and construction generally) and the people of Toronto will welcome it. This "cheapening" is quickly taking over society. Farm produce is not produced based on taste (tomatoes) - but durability, longevity etc. taste does not enter the equation. If 20% higher cost will bring a superior product - it is too risky and therefore "cheapened".

One thing that is interesting in the construction is that I believe the construction crews here have a higher number of women working on the project.

One thing that is interesting in the construction is that I believe the construction crews here have a higher number of women working on the project.

So why doesn't TLS look more like this, then?

05_ani.gif

maybe cause the designer was male? it would look different if a female created tls, less industrial?

hey! hey!

When are all these stores opening up.

That Adidas sign has been there for months....The restaruants...??

And we now know the AMC is opening up in less than 2 months. (what about AMC Movie theatre signage????)

Also when are they gonna install the big sponsor sign...This will be a Huge improvement to the visuals of the building for the naysayers who hate the utility boxes on the roof.

I walked by TLS the other day...

I noticed Jack Astor's is steam-rolling ahead. If you look from Dundas Square, you can see the construction taking place where Jack Astor's will be - walls, lighting, etc. being installed. My guess is they are aiming for a Spring opening to coincide with AMC.

Addidas is moving slow...

Where is Johnny Rockets? The handover of space from TLS should have happened awhile ago...

You'd think they would want to capitalize on the summer/spring sales

I guess they will be opening with a bang!.

All the stores all opening at once. - I'm more concerned with the signage however, than the actual stores opening up. I hope the signage is really over the top to bring some additional life to the exterior of the building.

"Where is Johnny Rockets?" Next to Virgin Records and across from the Disney store.

"Where is Johnny Rockets?" Next to Virgin Records and across from the Disney store.

There will not be a Johnny Rockets in the project. (I'm assuming)

_ I don't think that concept would work at Yonge and Dundas anyways. That's probably why they pulled the plug.

Johnny Rockets is still listed in the leasing plan on the street level, on Dundas - the middle of the three retail units there..

Maybe they haven't started pending buying some stuff from the Harvey's at Y/B auction

Anyone know when are they putting up the final billboard on the far right? Maybe if it's around election time, the Conservatives can put up a big mug of Stephen Harper on that one... they probably have the money for a giant 3D bust of him too. ;)

There will not be a Johnny Rockets in the project. (I'm assuming)

_ I don't think that concept would work at Yonge and Dundas anyways. That's probably why they pulled the plug.

Actually according to the City's website a permit for Johnny Rockets was issued...I'm sure activity is imminent. I think they'll do fine with access to all those Ryerson students and YD square traffic.Hopefully they cancel the singing part of the concept...

Back