News   Apr 24, 2024
 913     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 608     0 

The Samsung deal will increase bills $65 a year

Then how would you explain the gasoline prices which are marked up immediately at any sign of turmoil yet take ages to come down even though crude market prices drop. Or how about the poor regulation of the banking system in the States which lead to the mortgage crisis?

Then I guess I'll have to speak as a fan of Dr. Ron Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas who is running a campaign for presidency.

The recent financial crisis was triggered by Federal Reserve overprinting the money which increases inflation, allowing the risk investment which was unecessary and devalue the Dollar (and Dollar is worldwide currency for foreign trade). Alan Greenspan was in charge at that time who literally kept the interest too low (0%) for way too long, which promoted risky junk investments, spend too much, devalue the dollar and increase the debt. One must know that the Fed is ran as public-private by consortia of major US banks, and those from bureaucrats. That means they do not have to report to the government, and their works are all done close doors, away from the public. Their activities of secretly lending to banks, money printing was kept secret until recently due to partial audit of the Fed. Of the $15 trillion in transactions, $5 trillions went overseas. Of course, it's not just the Reserve's fault. Since the end of WWII the federal government became bigger (as opposed to keeping it minimal, violating the Constitution) with extra cabinet departments looking after essentials from transportation, to energy, to education and of course, Housing and Urban Development! These extra involvement incur extra costs, taking more taxes and increasing revenue which makes the government malfunction. The federal govt's takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is rather just glorification of "Too Big to Fail" initiative. Of course thanks to creation of HUD the government has played excessive roles in housing market which is unconstitutional. The government allowed the banks and insurance companies to gamble in mortgages which in turn created artificial booms and busts in housing market. And when the recession set in the government caved in to save these corporations while letting the taxpayers foot the bill. As with the mortgage crisis, the federal govt has done the same thing to oil companies (both domestic and abroad) through subsidies and foreign warfare (just to save oilfields for themselves!). Federal Reserve's control in printing money has made this just worse with inflation. Which happened already in 1970's and will happen again unless someone stops the Fed.

I would recommend you to read "End the Fed" and "Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom", both written by Ron Paul. It exposes much of the crises because of the federal government's increasing size and the Federal Reserve. If any writing above was written crudely I apologize because I didn't have time to reply this in short time.

Speaking of Smitherman and SAMSUNG - Smitherman was the Minister of Energy when the no-bid secret multi-billion dollar contract with SAMSUNG was negotiated. During the mayoral campaign, Smitherman boasted of flying to Seoul during the negotiations. $7 Billion is the amount that SAMSUNG is investing in exchange for Ontario agreeing to pay SAMSUNG Tariff's up to 10 X higher than the current wholesale rate! The cost to Ontario energy consumers of paying over-inflated rates during the life of this contract will be many times more than $7 Billion!

So what is George Smitherman - the "father of the green-energy act" and feed-in-tariff "FIT" program up to these days:confused:

He has set up his own consulting business "G&G Global Solutions" with an emphasis on companies working in the green energy sector looking to do business in Ontario.

http://georgesmitherman.com/Profesional.html

Recently he spoke at Wind-Energy / Feed-in-tariff conferences in Korea and in Halifax where he would have rubbed shoulders with prospective clients which include companies that have profited or stand to profit under contracts awarded when he was minister of energy! Its a situation that I think stinks. As a "consultant" what services will companies be paying him for? Since I doubt he has any real expertise in the Energy field (he was a high-school drop-out) are companies going to be paying him for access to Queens Park? Will he be awarded large consulting contracts in consideration of services already rendered? Did he get any business from SAMSUNG on his trip there earlier this month? I'm surprised that the media hasn't picked up on this yet. I guess too many people view this as business as usual. All politicians do this after they leave office but in my opinion it smells of corruption.

As a Korean I must say I am ashamed of what has become there as it does in here. Only in Korea you are going to be chained or rounded up by police if any such activities are exposed by the public. The administration (under Lee Myung-Bak, 2mb as we call it) does not like being revealed such as exposing the government's ties to conglemerates and pro-US business deals. The mad cow imported from Canada and the US has sparked protests and only been suppressed by government to save the face of foreign agribusinesses' interest.

Then how would you explain the gasoline prices which are marked up immediately at any sign of turmoil yet take ages to come down even though crude market prices drop. Or how about the poor regulation of the banking system in the States which lead to the mortgage crisis?

The OPEC cartel (among others)

As for the banking industry, it is by far the least laissez-faire sector of the U.S. economy; it is a cartel arrangement overseen by the Federal Reserve and shot through with monopoly privilege, bailout protection, and moral hazard.

Back