Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
Will they ever get this finished? From yesterday:

YVPDSC02161.jpg
YVPDSC02167.jpg

Attachments

• YVPDSC02161.jpg
    YVPDSC02161.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 1,394
  • YVPDSC02167.jpg
    YVPDSC02167.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 1,306
They've somehow blackened what I think used to be a lighter back-painted spandrel on the podium and I can't tell if it makes it better or worse because it's just all so awful.

On the bright side, they've also added a couple rows of planter boxes along the sidewalk to add some protection for pedestrians exiting both the restaurant and residences. It's actually a very good idea that should be emulated widely both by developers and the city.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 782
So happy this got done. SUCH an improvement over the gross look of the old building. :)

It's vitriolic. The design was never good, and the execution is somehow even worse. It's embarrassing for such a prominent corner in our most lavish neighbourhood. Yorkville is supposed exude quality and class, this fails at both.

In all fairness, this is very much in keeping to the standard of most new builds in the downtown core. I don't think it's good enough either but resigned to the fact that this is what Toronto builds. When something beautiful goes up it's a reason for celebration.

I mean let's be real here, the original building looked dated. Beige concrete and brown glass have no place in the 21st century. I think the developer made the smart choice of updating the building in order to try and compete with the newer buildings being constructed.

I mean let's be real here, the original building looked dated. Beige concrete and brown glass have no place in the 21st century. I think the developer made the smart choice of updating the building in order to try and compete with the newer buildings being constructed.

I'm not trifling with the decision to update an older building; I'm taking exception to the positively horrendous podium design they've foisted upon the neighbourhood here. It's astonishingly ugly and out-of-place.

The weird thing about the base is that in the construction pictures it's all clearly glass, and yet they decided to cover it up with ugly matte black vinyl?

Back