Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
Not the right thread to get into this, but no, I think Bazis' McCondo site is at 194 Bloor West. 200 Bloor West is where Pho Hung et al are located. We'll start a new thread right after the public meeting?

- 200 Bloor St. W. (E of Bedford)
- A proposal to create a public lane north of Bloor, from Bedford to Prince Arthur

*Hint - these two are related. This issue also relates to the lack of progress at the Museum House site. 5 UrbanToronto points to whoever can figure it out...;)

Museum House owner probably bought the building, applied for rezoning, and now wants to increase the size/height of Museum House, with a "mews" laneway (arched entrance) with high end cafes/retail ....

guess number two: Museum House + new office building (@200 Bloor West location) to replace one currently housing medical offices (owned by M.H. developer), which will eventually go highrise condo.

Museum House owner probably bought the building, applied for rezoning, and now wants to increase the size/height of Museum House, with a "mews" laneway (arched entrance) with high end cafes/retail ....

guess number two: Museum House + new office building (@200 Bloor West location) to replace one currently housing medical offices (owned by M.H. developer), which will eventually go highrise condo.

You're onto something here urbandreamer...

To go even further OT, is there something planned for the Tartu site? From a Concrete Toronto perspective, hate to see that one go...

Agreed. Quite the set of mysteries to be unveiled at that meeting...

yeah, definitely will try to make it to that meeting.
I'm blown away that there's a proposal for the tartu site. They make a ton of money from the students there. Though it's really a dump inside...

Clewes was just naive to purchase this site. The NIMBYs are going to shread it.
Personally I think the proposal is perfect for that site and would improve the midtown skyline.
However, I think they would have been better off purchasing that Infiniti dealership site.

A lot cheaper (no pun intended)*

Personally I think the proposal is perfect for that site and would improve the midtown skyline.
However, I think they would have been better off purchasing that Infiniti dealership site.

Yeah, I don't know what Clewes was thinking when he pulled out his pocketbook and wrote a personal cheque to buy this site himself, personally.

So, uh, just to speak up on everyone's behalf Evan, uh, what you smokin'?

I take it you're talking about 21 Avenue Road, AKA the current Four Seasons site. Clewes, Peter Clewes is an architect, so he doesn't have the cash to book a room there, let alone purchase the place. So, are you referring to the 2 tower plan that he designed for Menkes Developments which was floated by City Hall and has since been abandoned? 'Cause it's dead now, jus' sayin'.

PS - new design coming to a public meeting near you (if you fly in).

Had a look at the zoning application as presented by architectsAlliance today. Original proposal was for two towers of 58 and 48 stories connected by a 3 story retail podium/amenity space.

I hate to say that a few stories have been lobbed off the towers but they are still of substantial height. In terms of design, think 16 York meets Casa.

This should still be a fun project to track and to those who are doubting its completion - just you wait...

Back