News   Apr 17, 2024
 704     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

The new music thread

Just accidentally stumbled across this thread and figured I'd contribute because theres so much amazing music out there that no ones ever heard of.

In case you were wondering what neo-hippies listen to (among other things). Though, personally, I think Adventure Time is more psychedelic myself...I don't even need the tryptamines watching THAT show.

Though, personally, this is a bit of a weak example of the psytrance genre, I just chose it because Rick and Morty.
Was pleasantly surprised to find rameses b in here. Hes an incredible artist and while I agree his Psytrance stuff is mediocre (Psytrance in general is meh) his DnB is incredible

Also nice to see Vancouver sleep clinic in here another great artist.
Since the beginning of the pandemic I find that I need silence - and where music is concerned, I mean little or no lyrics. I don't want anyone emoting in my ears right now. I have been listening to Four Tet, Noble Oak, Tycho, Kiasmos, and the first solo album by Eric Hilton of Thievery Corporation (a band I almost went to see before realizing that probably, I would have been surrounded by people 30 years younger).
Also if your into chillout/downtempo type edm and are looking for suggesting lmk. EDM is definitely the main type of music I listen to along with more chilled and relaxed alternative music. Any that's chill though is on my radar and I know tons of great music.

To make my own contribution to the thread I'll start by sharing my most listen to album of last year. The Making of a Paracosm by Kasbo.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_koIvat7FBD20w1zjw6QA8MswLiP4EXpCw

Personal favs are the making of a paracosm, shut the world out, lune, skogsra, staying in love and show you. Though there's hardly a song on the album I dont like

Excuse my OT interruption of this thread for some old music that I'm enjoying tonight...........

An operatic metal version of Phantom of the Opera by Nightwish:

Back