Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
Too bad they couldn't have built the building right on the corner, and moved the (much needed) gas station to the rear.

cty.jpg

it could still happen

Maybe they should call it "The Ellis". "The Portal" might be a bit too sci-fi.

I'm curious to know if that leg of Church street was rammed through in the 1950s or 1960s to provide easy automobile access to Davenport road.

Even so, what we have today is a very unique opportunity to make something worthwile out of one of our very few five-point intersections in the city. I imagine that with better architecture, a thorough reworking of the surrounding public space as well as the removal of both the gas station and that frumpy building on the SE corner of Yonge/Church, it could be sort of like the Toronto's version of the original Potsdamer Platz.

I think the Church connector may have been earlier--1910s/1920s most likely, i.e. contemporary w the Masonic Temple (which IIRC was meant as a cue for further City Beautiful-scale planning hereabouts).

Incidentally, the Christadelphian Church is early (i.e. late 1940s) Parkin...

Milan Residences

Check it out, new complex at Yonge and Davenport, looks great.

milanresidences.ca/

Could end up being decent or just another run of the mill Toronto condo.

^Thats like saying; it could rain today or it could not rain today

Milan residences

Any idea where in the Yonge/Davenport area? Hard to tell from the rendering.

Milan Residences

There is a sign advertising Milan near the corner of Yonge & Church (Canadian Tire parking lot).

Its weird how Toronto developers think all of these foreign cities look the same. Whats next? The glass box from Moscow?

Regardless, its decent, like the rest.

^Thats like saying; it could rain today or it could not rain today

What I meant is that there's nothing special about the design, but with the right materials it could end up being a decent-good addition.

Back