News   Jul 25, 2024
 459     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 431     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 523     0 

The "let's get Rob Ford a new job" thread.

When I heard that

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty quits cabinet

I got a shiver through me. A Ford brother for his replacement? NO!!! However, looking through this link, there was a paragraph:

He will continue as the MP for Whitby—Oshawa for now.

Whew!!

Anyways, there would have to be a by-election first. Its not like in the U.S. where technically anybody can be in their cabinet. Just have to be nominated then approved by a majority in their Senate. In Canada, they more or less have to be in the Commons or in the Senate, first. Then again, one of the Ford brothers could be sent to the Senate. Shudder.

Damn it!! A Ford brother could still be the next Finance Minister. Worst case scenario.

Last edited:
Look, I don't like Harper. I don't even respect Harper. However, not in a trillion years would Harper go stupid for a moment enough to have a Ford as a member of his caucus, let alone as Finance Minister.

Look, I don't like Harper. I don't even respect Harper. However, not in a trillion years would Harper go stupid for a moment enough to have a Ford as a member of his caucus, let alone as Finance Minister.

But now-former Finance Minister Jim Flaherty was visibly upset over the news that Ford was smoking crack. See link. Harper still might put one of the Fords into the Senate.

Now that spring is almost here, I'd say we should dump him on a passing iceberg and let nature take it's course...

What use there'd be for parachuting a Ford into Whitby, I don't know. (Remember that Flaherty's a hometown boy through and through--I doubt he'd be so dumb as to parachute a replacement thusly)

I don't know. This whistling past the graveyard is fun and all, but...he won't need a new job because he's going to win.

As I type this he's breaking election laws left, right and centre at his campaign launch. There will be no serious repercussions, of course. He will break election laws ever day between now and Oct. 27th and there will be no serious repercussions. He will be free to slander his opponents and lie about his past, present and future, and his tribe will lap it up. He will whip his followers up into a frenzy and they will turn out en masse, dwarfing turnout by the other candidates. It doesn't matter if he and Doug lost their voters' list from the last election because every time he so much as belches it gets spread across Facebook and Twitter for free. That's how he gets his message out. And his simplistic one-sentence slogans will always trump the truth, or at least other candidates' messages, because they're easy to remember and even easier to agree with if you don't think about them. And most people aren't really that into thinking.

27% of the electorate already admits to planning to vote for him; would you bet your life savings that that number isn't higher, that there aren't many other people who will pull the lever (so to speak) for him in the privacy of the voting booth because he looks out for the little guy and saved them a billion dolllars? Maybe they don't approve of the sideshow, but they heard Olivia Chow will unionize the entire city and that John Tory is a rich elite, and they don't like the sound of that, no sir!

Failing a serious health event or his arrest on serious charges (which, LOL, is not going to happen, and even if it did the trial wouldn't be until 2019 or some shit), he's going to win.

Given the attendance at the launch tonight, claims of turnout dwarfing the other candidates may be premature.

Back