News   Jul 31, 2024
 162     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 534     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 471     0 

The Jarvis Mansions

Yes, a tiny sliver of property off Jarvis Street directly south of the Radio City / National Ballet School properties.

It's possible that this townhome sliver mentioned above is ablaze right now, or it's one of the southern ballet school components. Jarvis Street is closed from Wellesley to Gerrard & I can see big pumpers putting out something that is pretty big over there.

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=6192

but its sooo nice....why would any want to harm this?

jarvis007.jpg

jarvis004.jpg

jarvis003.jpg

it looks a little like an over frosted cake to me, I cannot fathom who decided that a faux victorian mansion should have white(apparently plastic?) railings, surely it should all have been black iron ?

Some days it amuses me as I pass it, but most days it makes me sad.

Faux Regency of the John Nash persuasion I think, with a dash of Victorian nastiness happening on the roof. The keystones are a crime in themselves, and reason enough to call the Keystone Cops.

egregency

but its sooo nice....why would any want to harm this?

jarvis007.jpg

jarvis004.jpg

jarvis003.jpg

it looks a little like an over frosted cake to me, I cannot fathom who decided that a faux victorian mansion should have white(apparently plastic?) railings, surely it should all have been black iron ?

Don't get me started on dodgy railings. If they are not black wrought iron, they are crap. Someone at City Hall decided it was time for teal railings in parks and playgrounds. I hope that someone dies screaming.

...that feels better

Very sad to see how this turned out.. It was a beautiful mansion, although a bit rough and run down...Does anyone have a picture of it before the 'reno' ?

I've been trying to find one online for the past week, no luck. Google Earth shows the property before it was slaughtered but it's not detailed enough to appreciate what it was.

Back