962     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 591     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 284     0 

The culinary secrets of the Bubble Tea belt

A

AlchemisTO

The most impressive part of the 905 foir me has to be that 2 mile strip of Hwy. 7 between Bayview and the 404. This being the spot for new arrivals from HK, the area is awash with glassy malls, lights and souped up Acuras There's not much urbanity here, but it's impressive to drive to and through and offers a lot of good food. I can eprsonally reccomend the Korean BBQ house (actual name) in Commerce gate for its all you can eat meat for ~$14. Highly reccomended if you can consume red meat ad nauseam. Some of the best Chinese food and entertainment (flashy arcades and Karaoke) in the city is to be found in these parts. Any reccomendations?

Having dated females of the HK kind the past several years I've spent WAY too much time in these places. The traffic at peak hours is awful and all these places are competing with eachother by offering exactly the same things as everyone else. Ever have to walk your @ss around First Markham place? Not fun.

Korean BBQ house kicks ass! I´m not asian, but I miss my old neighbourhood! My old high school is right there...

I'm not asian, but I occasionally hung out in that area with my friends during high school. It was a very intersting experience.

That strip of highway 7 could, and I stress could, become somewhat of a destination in a few years. In the last 5 years, 11 condos totalling about 130 floors have been built, planned, or UC along highway 7 at Leslie, in addition to about 40 floors of commercial. There's a nice pond just south of highway 7 for people that like nature. If, and I stress if, the plans for beautifying highway 7 actually work, 7/Leslie will be great 10 years from now. New condos actually walk right out to highway 7 giving it an urban feel, sort of.

Im not chinese. But a lot of the ppl i work with are chinese. I worked in Treasury for 5 years. so you know. anyways. we always went for bubble tea in mississauga on dundas off dixie. I love those little balls of whatever at the bottom of my drink.

Back