News   Jun 26, 2024
 92     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 269     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.9K     2 

The City is fixing all the wrong roads

They tore up the northernmost lane of Queen about a week or 2 ago and have since paved the lane back over. Only the paving job they did was aboslutely TERRIBLE! It's so bad that cars simply avoid the lane.. If it doesn't have anything to do with utilities, does anyone know what that was all about? How do I register a complaint about it with the City?
Only 2 weeks ago? Surely it's just a temporary patch job until they can come back and do it properly. You don't want to be putting final asphalt down in the winter. Would you prefer they just leave cones around it, and leave the hole open until Spring?

Only 2 weeks ago? Surely it's just a temporary patch job until they can come back and do it properly. You don't want to be putting final asphalt down in the winter. Would you prefer they just leave cones around it, and leave the hole open until Spring?

Yes, the work on Queen East was done last summer and was for a new watermain on both that section of Queen and on Church. They completed the pipes in mid-November and always said they would be repaving both streets and fixing sidewalks in 2010. As nfitz says you really can't pave in winter and there are good reasons to allow settling too - see the document I refer to three post up!

I'm not sure if this was part of the same job you're referring to or not. It was much more recent. I recall what was done last year as I cycle the road daily, but this was (I believe) started and finished within the month of February. Whatever they did only took a week, maybe two. They did pave it, but the pave job they did is terrible, like they simply whacked down the ashphalt with their shovels and left it at that. I don't see why they couldn't have did a much better job even if it is getting torn back up and given a final repaving in the spring or summer.

You don't want to be putting final asphalt down in the winter. Would you prefer they just leave cones around it, and leave the hole open until Spring?
I don't remember seeing a hole recently. But still, considering that most drivers are avoiding the lane for that stretch because of how bad it is, I'm not sure it makes much of a difference.

Back