News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

The BOW: after the pour

Steel has been ordered from Japan, Europe and North America for fabrication in Hamilton, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Montreal.

Walters Steel of Hamilton is the lead fabricator for the tower - they also manufactured the steel for the Bay Adelaide Centre.

The Bow--Update

03-21-09
This is where the Bow is at right now, they are aiming to be at 30 floors by this time next year.
IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Pano1.jpg

pano2.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I had done separate threads in the past, I didn't think it would be a problem, I'll post all my Bow related pictures in this thread.

Wow, I was afraid this was on hold. Glad to see it going up! Should look great when conpleted. Thanks for the pics.

The entire site (both North and South Buildings) is between 7th Ave and 5 Ave SE and Centre St and 1 St SE.

From Globe online:

CALGARY — — The company that is building Calgary's landmark Bow high-rise has delayed construction of a secondary development on the site and acknowledged “significant” doubts about its ability to continue as a going concern.

In an annual information filing made this week, H&R Real Estate Investment Trust [HR.UN-T]said it is shelving construction of the south tower, a 200,000 square-foot building originally meant to house a mix of retail and cultural arts space.

The 58-storey Bow, which will house EnCana Corp. and be the largest Canadian office tower west of Toronto, is still being built, H&R said. The 700-car below-ground parking on the south site will also continue.

However, EnCana and H&R agreed to halt development of the south building, according to the H&R securities filing.

I suspect this is not the end of the South Building, there was a historical building on that block that was torn down to make way for the south block,its believed that Encana would have to rebuild the facade within a time frame,, and now that the project has been deferred, I'm wondering what it going to happen next.

Back