224     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 354     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 783     0 

thank you

S

samofromROME

thank you all for your wonderful pics.I am Italian(Rome)and I used to live in Toronto years ago.Every year I come back to visit my brother(who lives in Toronto since 1991).I miss Toronto and looking at your pics you make me feel a little bit better.Thank you once again everybody.
One day I will post the picture of the Eternal City(Rome).

Ciao a tutti.

M.

We will look forward to a few pictures from your beautiful city!

Samo,

We have much to learn from our older brothers from across yonder pond.

Learn? What the hell did the Romans ever teach the world??????

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

maybe we teached you how to build streets?maybe culture?How you ever noticed that your baseball or footbal stadium all look like the colosseum?(after 2006 years it is still here)?Did you know that we created the first water system 2000 ago?(our acquedotto)?when your country was populated only by buffalos and few native americans an italian man called Colombo discovered what you now call your country......obviously we also did bad things but the Americans as well are doing bad things now....and they say that they want to bring democracy to other countries::\

Samo,

We are just teasing you. I am sure most on this board would love to have Romes beauty (and beauties) over here in North America.

Don't be shy in posting pictures or observations on our cities. Just be gentle. We haven't been building them quite as long as you.:smokin

Hey Samo,

greetings from a fellow European and Toronto admirerer.
I too love this city and I'm sure that I will live in Canada after my studies. Not sure exactly which city it will be, because I have relatives living in the west of Canada. But one thing is for sure, Toronto is a very interresting city and I too love seeing pics posted here. It makes it a bit easier to still live here because I really can't wait to go there (and stay). Can I ask you why you went back to Italy? And by the way, I visited Venice 3 years ago. You live in a country where history is all around you, which also is interresting.
Greetings,
Ronald

ohw and by the way, it was an Italian man that discovered North America, but he was working for the Spanish crown. And the Dutch were the first to settle in North America, in a small town called New Amsterdam... which today is NYC.

Learn? What the hell did the Romans ever teach the world??????

R: They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had, not just from us, from our fathers and from our fathers' fathers.
S : And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.
R: Yes.
S: And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.
R: All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us IN RETURN? (he pauses smugly)
X: The aqueduct?
R: What?
X: The aqueduct.
R: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah. That's true.
MC: And the sanitation!
S: Oh yes ... sanitation, Reg, you remember what the city used to be like.
R: All right, I'll grant you that the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans HAVE done ...
M: And the roads ...
R: (sharply) Well YES OBVIOUSLY the roads ... the roads go without saying. But apart from the aqueduct, the sanitation and the roads ...
MC : Irrigation ...
O: Medicine ... Education ... Health
R: Yes ... all right, fair enough ...
MC : And the wine ...
ALL : Oh yes! True!
F: Yeah. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left, Reg.
MC: Public baths!
S : AND it's safe to walk in the streets at night now.
F: Yes, they certainly know how to keep order ... (general nodding) ... let's face it, they're the only ones who could in a place like this.
(more general murmurs of agreement)
R: All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans ever done for US?

And here all this time I thought it was the Natives that discovered Canada.

The truth is that we don't know how to preserve all our beauties and how to make money from them.I first went on te CN tower 5 years ago with my girlfriend(now wife)and we spent a lot of canadian dollars to take a bloody elevator and see the city from a cloud in the sky(it was beautiful)but we have the colosseum,san pietro,piazza di spagni,statues,fountains and we don't make enough money from them.Your country,your city is much more developed and organized than mine.That is what I truly admire.
I came back in Rome because my father had a heart attack(he is still alive and kicking) and I am the last of 3 sons,I was young and I wanted to help my parents.That's why I decided to leave Toronto.Looking back I see it like a great opportunity that I didn't catch.Here things are getting worse day by day with Berlusconi and I hope he will loose the next election(9-10th of April).
I will post picture of Roma soon.
Ciao a tutti

Back