Teahouse 501 Yonge Street Condo (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate

Teahouse pic 1.jpg

Attachments

• Teahouse pic 1.jpg
    Teahouse pic 1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,661
I realize the focus and interest of those contributing is primarily on aesthetics, but living in a Lanterra project (Maple Leaf Sq) I can only offer caution to anyone considering buying and living in one of their developments. The quality of building infrastructure, equipment and materials installed is in my opinion nothing less than shocking. Systems failures happen daily. And there's no recourse it seems for owners. Caveat Emptor indeed. Pretty on paper, but in finished form, a broken promise that will lead to broken hearts. They rank cars and toasters on the basis of quality and reliability. Common sense would suggest there should be a reliable, unbiased measure of condo product and the folks that build them for folks investing life savings. My guess is the tales of sadness and woe from buildings of comparable quality will rapidly escalate as the cost to remedy what must have been predictable deficiencies grows louder by the day.

I realize the focus and interest of those contributing is primarily on aesthetics, but living in a Lanterra project (Maple Leaf Sq) I can only offer caution to anyone considering buying and living in one of their developments. The quality of building infrastructure, equipment and materials installed is in my opinion nothing less than shocking. Systems failures happen daily. And there's no recourse it seems for owners. Caveat Emptor indeed. Pretty on paper, but in finished form, a broken promise that will lead to broken hearts. They rank cars and toasters on the basis of quality and reliability. Common sense would suggest there should be a reliable, unbiased measure of condo product and the folks that build them for folks investing life savings. My guess is the tales of sadness and woe from buildings of comparable quality will rapidly escalate as the cost to remedy what must have been predictable deficiencies grows louder by the day.

Seconded. Lanterra's on my list of builders I'd never buy from (again). Thing is there are so many builders who suck just as badly so the standard is low and will remain low. The government meddles so much with the market (right or wrong) but do nothing about building standards. Poorly built condos will be a big problem in the coming years. Nobody seems to care.

I will just enjoy Lanerra's buildings from afar and be glad I don't have to live in one.

Whats wrong with ICE? id like to live there

Ice may be a great building. I can only speak for some of the other Lanterra buildings I have lived in/been to. They all seem to suffer from the same problems. Soundproofing is typically BAD. Ice I know for sure is not good as if you look at the floorplans, you can see it where the wall meets the window, it's thinner between the units. I lived in a unit with that same exact design. The noise was terrible. I know of at least 3-4 Lanterra buildings with soundproofing issues. Beyond that, just overall workmanship is poor. Cheap, thin hallway carpets, overall cheap quality materials everywhere and poor workmanship.

ICE2-Floor-Plans-7.jpg

I'm only speaking based on my experiences and the experiences of people I know. Ice could be different for all I know.

Hey guys,

I've just received an email regarding about occupancy date for this project is on April 9, 2021, it used to be May, 2020.
Anyone know why it got delayed for so long? It's my first condo, so I'm not too sure what to expect. When I first visited their showroom in 2015, it was supposed to be done by end of 2019 to beg 2020.
Are condos in Toronto usually take 6 years to complete?

Thank you!

Hey guys,

I've just received an email regarding about occupancy date for this project is on April 9, 2021, it used to be May, 2020.
Anyone know why it got delayed for so long? It's my first condo, so I'm not too sure what to expect. When I first visited their showroom in 2015, it was supposed to be done by end of 2019 to beg 2020.
Are condos in Toronto usually take 6 years to complete?

Thank you!
Yes. For some reason condos *always* give unrealistically early occupancy dates. It’s very standard to have large delays.

Yes south on 47th floor
Did you get an update too?
I wonder when will be the firsday day to move in
I am in north tower, according to the email is the end of this month. But I see the south haven’t finished and still under construction, no update this month occupancy is firm or still gonna delay, this project already delayed for two years. - -!

I am in north tower, according to the email is the end of this month. But I see the south haven’t finished and still under construction, no update this month occupancy is firm or still gonna delay, this project already delayed for two years. - -!
Oh but bit of good news for me that people are finally moving in soon
I signed contract for 2018 occupancy... it's more than 3 yrs delay for me.. 😂

Back