News   Apr 19, 2024
 241     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 518     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 877     3 

Target

I was in a Target out East a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time I'd been in a Canadian Target. It looked as full and clean and tidy (I remember the horrible dirty Zellers that had been in that space previously) as any Target I've ever been in in the US. They have great holiday trims and trinkets this year.

Target isn't going anywhere anytime soon. These analysts are just throwing things out there with the hopes that they will be right. If anything, Target will downsize it's Canadian operations. They have put way too much money into Canada to completely write it off.

Downsizing would be the smartest thing for them. It would make it easier to focus on keeping stores stocked, busy, and in a better position to expand as demand increases.

I can't see Target exiting Canada either. Huffington Post is just using an eyegrabbing headline to gain web traffic. "According to sources while visiting Canadian stores, the Target stores in Canada didn't look any busier" is not substantial proof backing their headline.

Target would be smart to get rid of stores such as Centrepoint Mall, a store that wouldn't have opened if it wasn't an old Zellers lease. Target should be focusing on new stores such as their soon to be flagship One York location, or The Stockyards.

Last edited:
I agree, focusing their efforts on the Target downtown will yield a much better return than praying for a miracle at Centerpoint Mall.

The thought of going into Wal-mart makes me ill. I avoid it if I can.

Ditto. I don't get why people go. There are other places to get affordable items.

Ditto. I don't get why people go. There are other places to get affordable items.

Just exactly how is target better ? Please explain ... average salary and benefits are just about equal ..

Just exactly how is target better ? Please explain ... average salary and benefits are just about equal ..
We were talking about the customer experience in the store. Walmarts are crowded, usually very messy because of the crowds, noisy (again the crowds) and NEVER have enough cashiers on.

We were talking about the customer experience in the store. Walmarts are crowded, usually very messy because of the crowds, noisy (again the crowds) and NEVER have enough cashiers on.

To add insult to injury, they have now replaced the express lines with truly brain-dead self-serve systems. The pre-Christmas crowd was not impressed.

AoD

Back