2.4K     2 

Taking Pictures Guide

Prometheus The Supremo

►Member №41+⅜◄
Member Bio
Reaction score
a thread for photo taking tips and questions

questions:

if the sun is in the AM and you are taking a photo looking at the east, why does the sky come out white instead of blue? ...

...and when the sky comes out blue because the sun is blocked by a cloud, the photo comes out dark - why? it's not that dark outside?

how can you take a picture that will look like what your eyes saw?

Depends on the film you're using, or the shutter speed, or the exposure time, or the developer. I take all my film to Korner Colour at Bay and Bloor - I've always been pleased with their work.

LOL!

p.s, i have a camera from the 70's that uses no batteries! i gotta try it out one day for that cool retro effect.

your eye is constantly adapting to light and color...your camera (whether digital or not,) isn't. which is why you have to tell it what to see, and how to see it. there should be a white balancing button somewhere on your camera - find it and use it often. and watch that you don't over-expose too much - it'll make every picture you take come out white. (unless you're going for that look.)

Generally, you should not take photos looking directly into the sun for several reasons:

- the camera will not expose properly on its own
- everything in the photo except the sky will not be properly lit
- contrast will be way too high
- you will get lens flare
- it damages the camera's sensor

you can damage a digital camera if you take a picture of the sun?

Back