News   Jul 25, 2024
 678     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 509     0 

Summerlicious 2009

prosperegal

Member Bio
Reaction score
Doesn't it start today? Didn't read anything about it being cancelled....can't believe there's nothing on the board yet!

(I wrote a short blurb about it in Prospere Magazine)

Yup, starts today. Just picked up a small booklet with a listing of all the restaurant participating in the event.

So far, lunch at King Edward (Victoria St) looks the most tempting.

Can anyone suggest Summerlicious restaurants with a good decor and atmosphere? ..... Other than the obvious one like Canoe or Rosewater.

Can anyone suggest Summerlicious restaurants with a good decor and atmosphere? ..... Other than the obvious one like Canoe or Rosewater.

I would say King Edward (Victoria Street). It's always too expensive to dine there so the summerlicious makes it a good chance to enjoy.

A couple of friends went to Fuzion to celebrate birthday & said food is good & place is nice.

Good luck & enjoy!

Globe Bistro on Danforth at Broadview was very good this weekend.
Auberge du Pommier is another one that is usually fantastic for Summerlicious.

I did 5th Elementt on Bay this past Friday and it was very nice - and very affordable. Recommended.

Service is often spotty with Winter and Summerlicious. Some places cram a zillion tables into their dining room and try to rush everyone through their meal as quickly as possible. Others treat you like trash until you tell them you'll be buying drinks (I always do). Others just kind of treat you like trash regardless. It's a toss-up. I always really appreciate the places that maintain great service despite the madness of the event.

I wonder if Summerlicious will get extended like this past Winterlicious did?

Quality down?

Do you guys find quality to go down on Summerlicious/Winterlicious? Maybe it's the mass people that come in, but I normally find that quailty is no up the the usual part.. seems like the food is either cooked in a hurry, or worse, was pre-cooked.

Do you guys find quality to go down on Summerlicious/Winterlicious? Maybe it's the mass people that come in, but I normally find that quailty is no up the the usual part.. seems like the food is either cooked in a hurry, or worse, was pre-cooked.

I agree. I haven't been to a Summerlicious/Winterlicious event in several years. The places we tried were subpar, including a high-end French restaurant, which served me a pork chop that I would be ashamed to put in front of people.

SpadinaBus. I tried Globe Bistro tonight. Thanks for the recommendation. Decor was minimalist but chic. The food was amazing. The best Summerlicious/Winterlicious spread I have had in years. Service though was average (a tad slow for my liking). All in all one of the better places in TO I've experienced.

I always try going on a weekday and in an off-hour. Tonight, I had a dinner reservation at 830pm. Food was great. I figure they pay a lot more attention to my food when there are fewer customers around.

I don't know, I'm not overly picky but I have generally had good experiences with Winter/Summerlicious. Went to Spiaggia in The Beach for Winterlicious and it was enjoyable, our server made our night!!!! Last summer we went to Trappers uptown and had some of the best lamb chops I've ever had!

BuildTO and I went to the Boulevard Cafe on Harbord yesterday for dinner, and enjoyed their patio. Besides some moderately inattentive service (place wasn't too busy, the server just didn't check as often as he should have on his tables), we had excellent, really tasty meals. The restaurant features Peruvian cuisine, which is worth checking out if you never have before...

Back