News   Apr 23, 2024
 220     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 326     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 562     0 

Stupid building names

Bad condo names always have annoyed me. Condo names are a key element in the branding of a project, but the name sticks with the building for a long time. My condo has been registered for three years, and I still call it by it's branded name, and I love it.

In preparing this list, I checked out hundreds of Condos in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia, however, my list only includes buildings from the GTA... does that say something about the marketing in this city?

Here are a few more:
- VU Condominiums (I like to see a Pho restaurant in it)
- DNA 1, 2 and 3
- Giraffe Condominiums (hopefully we won't be hearing more animal names)
- The Palm (this is not Las Vegas or Dubai)
- The Tower
- Hullmark Towers
- Anything named after another city or place (London, Barcelona, California, Boston, San Francisco, Paris, etc.)

If I had to give the ulimate cheesy name for a condo it would have to be:
"Condos for you and me"

Last edited:
I agree with some listed are bad. Especially the ones where it seems like you live near a nice beach.

Here are some good condo names imo

- Printing factory lofts, Merchandise building, Tip Top Tailors Loft (keeping the original building names)

- Cinema towers, Casa, Spire, Imperial Plaza, ultra, yorkland, cystal blu, gramercy park, emerald park, river city

Some more bad ones

- Pears, 500, 300 (numbered named condo's), rain, neon, waterscapes, savvy, studio (makes you think their won't be any other type of units sold), Thunderbird, Nicolas, Chaz and lastly tableau (yikes)

Imagine saying i live at the "Neon" condo or i live at the "Tableau" condo

I would rather say i live at that one condo at the intersection of Yonge and Eglington

Last edited:
Some more bad ones

- Pears, 500, 300 (numbered named condo's), rain, neon, waterscapes, savvy, studio (makes you think their won't be any other type of units sold), Thunderbird, Nicolas, Chaz and lastly tableau (yikes)

the numbered names at least make sense since it's usually the address:
500 Sherbourne, 300 Front Street West, 530 St. Clair West, etc.

the numbered names at least make sense since it's usually the address:
500 Sherbourne, 300 Front Street West, 530 St. Clair West, etc.

And that's what all these buildings will be called years after construction.

"Hey, where do you live?"
"X Condo"
"What?"
"I mean 110 Charles Street"

Is this a Toronto thing? To a certain extent, I think it is.

When I was in Montreal, we identified our abodes by their addresses, not some idiotic and cheesy building name. Go figure.

Back