News   Apr 19, 2024
 113     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 771     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.5K     2 

Streetcar Accident

I can. The streetcar driver proceeded to turn without ensuring proper clearance around his own vehicle and hit a stopped vehicle.
If the streetcar had already started to turn when the driver came to a stop,, the front of the streetcar would quickly be in a position where they wouldn't be able to see that a car was over the dashed safety line, without getting out of his seat, and checking at the door ... which you do see them do from time-to-time - but normally when they are stationary to begin with.

In case anyone was wondering, I was found to be 0% at fault. TTC insurance paid my deductible.

In case anyone was wondering, I was found to be 0% at fault. TTC insurance paid my deductible.

I'm glad to hear that, and , from the way you described it originally, am not surprised. For those suggesting not filing a claim: a collision with a municipal vehicle or municipal property requires the attendance of the police to the scene, by law. Your insurance info will have to be surrendered to the police and, through that, your insurance co. will eventually find out that you were involved in a collision. It is nothing like colliding with a private auto.

Back