News   May 07, 2024
 137     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 195     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 735     3 

Stonewater (was Idea Condo, Lakeview, Mississauga, Queenscorp, 4s, G+C)

yyzer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Noticed in the new Condo Guide what appears to be another new project..

www.ideacondo.com

Interesting website, there are interviews with a couple of the Queenscorp developers...no rendering I could find though....sounds like 21 storeys..

Also interesting, there appears to be a tie-in between Idea and Ikea....the ad offers a selection of suites, lofts, and townhomes "outfitted with your choice of Ikea interiors"........also the font of 'idea' is the same as 'ikea'.......
....co-branding??

This project appears to be at the Etobicoke/Mississauga border, next to Marie Curtis park..

I'm sorry to say that I can't shake the image of people going to IKEA and buying a condo 'ready to assemble' -- with a choice of white, black or wood finish -- and assembling it themselves inside the bare concrete walls of the condo building.

Bill

Well, at least it isn't Idomo. I can't bear to think of Gerrit DeBoer as a Harry Stinson-type condo overseer...

Only after you purchase beard-caught-in-the-drawer insurance.

I fully expected Concord's new ParkPlace at the Bessarion Canadian Tire site to be at least marginally IKEA-related. 4000 new condo units + IKEA right next door = too obvious?

Well, at least it isn't Idomo. I can't bear to think of Gerrit DeBoer as a Harry Stinson-type condo overseer...

Actually, that's exactly what he's doing with the lands he owns next to his store over at Sheppard and the Allen. A sales office is going up there.

Even though I'm not a fan of Ikea, they do have some interesting apartment designs that I've seen in their US stores, ie, entire apartment furnishings to do a 2 bedroom (I think its 500 sq foot, could be slightly higher) apartment.

They have the same thing here in Toronto - full apartment/condo set up's. They even tell you the size of the unit.
As much as we may all moan and groan over the idea of an Ikea condo tie-in, it is EXACTLY what a lot of purchasers would want.

A recent drive-by allows me to be more specific about the location of this building (which is somewhat vague on their website).

Idea is on the north side of Lakeshore Rd E in Mississauga, just east of Deta Rd. That puts it across the street from the soon-to-be-opened Arsenal Lands park that sits adjacent to Toronto's Marie Curtis Park. The building will be about a half kilometre walk from the Long Branch GO station, or a kilometre from the TTC's Long Branch streetcar loop.

Three towers-in-the-park type condos (or rentals, I dunno) exist between Idea's site and the Etobicoke Creek. With Idea going in on a small site right up against Lakeshore, I wonder how long it will be before these properties seek permission to add density with new point towers (added in spots where residents in the existing condos will still have a lake view). Being that they are so close to a GO/TTC/MT node, and right across the street from half a square km of recreational space, it would be the perfect spot to add more density.

Meanwhile, just east of here on the south side of Lake Shore Blvd across the border in Toronto, the Aquaview Condos are looking for purchasers too. (No thread for that one yet.)

Back