News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 627     0 

St Clair & Dunvegan

UrbanFervour

Member Bio
Reaction score
It looks like something is planned for the corner of St. Clair and Dunvegan Rd. Probably going to be a McMansion-style apartment house? Couldn't find a thread for this

What made you think there is a development going up in the corner? Is there an application sign?

There does not need to be an application sign if the development complies with the zoning and conforms to the official plan policies. A building permit application would be required (and possibly site plan approval, depending on size), but since those are not public processes, no application signs are required.

I know the application process--

Where did he get the information/idea that a development is going up here? Did he see an application sign? See a website on it? A neighbour told him? etc.

Live in the 'hood at Ave and St. Clair - walked by the other day and there was white boarding around the perimeter. Don't recall seeing the standard "application sign".

It's a nice but not very well-kept spacious corner property. May have some historical/heritage/Forest Hill value. Haven't checked to see if on Register. Maybe it should be...

Do they plan on incorporating some of the exterior? It would be sad to see low-rise townhouses cheek to jowl around that corner. Efficient for developers though. Can't imagine anything higher than 4-6 stories max - am referencing Tim Eaton church nearby. Anything higher would also cast shadows on manses to the N off St. Clair W.

Maybe a teardown and rebuild mcmanse?

Big banner/sign out front. I was driving, but I think it's called Dunvegan House and it is 5 townhouses that will probably replace the old place on the corner of St. Clair & Dunvegan. It looks like the typical Dreck that gets built in Forest Hill... a townhouse version of the McMansion schmaltz... I'm kind of annoyed that townhouses are being built on St. Clair... Isn't this supposed to be one of the avenues zoned for mid-rise densification?

?

Back