Square One Shopping Centre

Apparently Club Monaco is leaving Square One by the end of the month. Lease expired. This info is coming from my mom who was told by the staff there when she was asking about returns.

Seems odd Square One would kick them out when they're trying to go upscale.

Maybe this is were MS is going.

Yves Rocher is relocating toward the food court area.

Urban Behavior is close

Food court opens Aug 1st.

Bulk Barn open in their new location and some what better than the old store.

Yves Rocher has close their store and will open in Aug at their new location. They have a small display out in front of their old location.

Urban Behavior is becoming Urban Planet

Tim is closing July 28 and will open their new location on Aug 1.

Hakim is closing July 30 and relocating on Aug 1 next to the Bay.

This leaves Mobilcity as where they are moving to and when. I expect they will be close come Aug 1.

Not sure if the hallway will be block off or remain open for the time being. The skylight will have to be block off by Tim's since it has to be remove to get the construction underway.

But how did a logo that used to be on the map mysteriously come off the map?

it could be that the Gap is relocatoing within the mall or swapping spaces with Zara as Zara has a more high end feel which may be what Square one is looking for in this section of the mall where Holts is Supposedly going to Open?

Also as all the buzz around Holts opening in Square one seems to keep bringing up the issue of Walmart relocating this has me wondering that if walmart were to move to outside the mall what store would infill the massive 245,000 sqft space and if this space could be redeveloped to bring the William Sonoma "Family" of stores into Square one as they already have Yorkdale locations and Sherway locations But with the Closure of the Malls William Ashley and the Need to fill up Anchor space in the mall (Via Sears and the possibility of Walmart being taken out) then it would seem fit that these stores would make their way to Square one?

these are just thoughts About high end retailers that with a Mississauga prescence would increase the urban feel of the city as it shows companies see Mississauga as a Growing city in the ever growing region of peel.

it could be that the Gap is relocatoing within the mall or swapping spaces with Zara as Zara has a more high end feel which may be what Square one is looking for in this section of the mall where Holts is Supposedly going to Open?

Also as all the buzz around Holts opening in Square one seems to keep bringing up the issue of Walmart relocating this has me wondering that if walmart were to move to outside the mall what store would infill the massive 245,000 sqft space and if this space could be redeveloped to bring the William Sonoma "Family" of stores into Square one as they already have Yorkdale locations and Sherway locations But with the Closure of the Malls William Ashley and the Need to fill up Anchor space in the mall (Via Sears and the possibility of Walmart being taken out) then it would seem fit that these stores would make their way to Square one?

these are just thoughts About high end retailers that with a Mississauga prescence would increase the urban feel of the city as it shows companies see Mississauga as a Growing city in the ever growing region of peel.

I think Wal-Mart's days are numbered at this mall. They are, at least, no longer a desirable tenant and it is only a matter of time before they leave. Aside from image issue there's also the very real problem of the traffic chaos Wal-Mart creates around Square One which is reason in and of itself to relocate somewhere else. The last time I was there I noticed that Wal-Mart's name had been removed and painted over on one of the large bulkheads which would seem to indicate that in the meantime, the mall is trying to downplay their presence.

I think Wal-Mart's days are numbered at this mall. They are, at least, no longer a desirable tenant and it is only a matter of time before they leave. Aside from image issue there's also the very real problem of the traffic chaos Wal-Mart creates around Square One which is reason in and of itself to relocate somewhere else. The last time I was there I noticed that Wal-Mart's name had been removed and painted over on one of the large bulkheads which would seem to indicate that in the meantime, the mall is trying to downplay their presence.

would it be a possibility for walmart to rebuild a supercenter on one of the outlying parcels of land within the "city center" preferably replacing playdium as that location would have very good highway visability and be a draw for people in need of amenities ?

Tim's is waiting city inspection and if pass will open on Friday.

I think one or 2 of the new food court is in the same boat.

Only one place open up today.

From what I saw in a few other places, 1 to 3 weeks for them.

The rest of the food court eating area still under construction should be open by next weekend.

Looks like the access mall from the east corridor to the centre corridor is history as there is a wall there now. It still could be beside the new service corridor. If there is no corridor, either more stores or larges one going in this area in both corridor.

5 truckload of steel sitting in the north-west corner parking lot and could be going up next week.

Anchor bolt, grouting and level plate for the columns are in place for the first haft to the south of the existing parking lot.

As for any thought of a supper centre in this area is a dead issue and will never be supported by any current or future council as it does not meet the goal of place to grow. I will not support it at all.

If this area is supposed to be the downtown, how does a supper centre fit in with this plan.

If it was part of any residential/office development, I need to see how it fits in first before say yes or no. It needs to be at grade with the development on top of it with parking underground at a reduce number.
9415788469_5bae67d532_b.jpg

9418559320_638a178966_b.jpg

9418561092_8cc2bccd58_b.jpg

9418613416_bd5b7434e9_b.jpg

Back