Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

There's nothing wrong with just another nice looking box.

I really wish Infinity wasn't there...it's such a miserable waste of space. There's no news on what's going beside 18 York, right at Simcoe & Bremner? Those plots are some of the most valuable land in the city and we have to be careful what we build on them.

Ooo, all those PATH conections...I'll be happy as a hamster in a Habitrail when they're done.

reading the website-could be ready for occupancy first quarter of 2010 so looks like this could start constuction soon.

this part of downtown will be so different in a couple of years, so will the entertainment district, and the yorkville area. Toronto is truly coming into it's own! oh and I guess CAlgary is not the only one with the HOT office market lol

"Fairmount Royal York" :rollin &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Not a bad tower. I would love it if these PATH extensions, as well as the extension to College, were completed.

Not a bad building at all, but PLEASE put in something at street level other than a lobby.

It took me a while to figure out the rendering on the right of Andrew's last post is the Winnipeg building. They do look the same.

My 18 York Street model on Google Earth/Sketchup. Feel free to comment!

The future of York and Bremner...

18york2.jpg

18york3.jpg

18york1.jpg

18york.jpg

Throw in Ritz and a few others and 'downtown' will appear to double in size almost overnight.

Word at SSC is that Lanterra/Cadillac is so pleased with the success of Maple Leaf Square, that they want to do something similar across the street at 16 York. The city does require them to include a large office component -- about 45-50 floors worth -- but more MLS-type condos could also fit in the plot. The site could hold up to three substantial buildings. So could we be looking at a 45-50 floor office building (180m-210m) plus two more MLS-type condo buildings (175m-185m)?

If so, York and Bremner would end up being quite a dense intersection.

Bill

Nice work, wylie! Those once empty fields are springing to life.

Can we now call Toronto in the midst of an office-boom?

Under Construction/Site Prep:
- Bay-Adelaide
- RBC Centre
- Telus Tower

Office Tower Proposals:
- 18 York
- 20 York
- Richmond-Adelaide

Mixed Office/Residential Proposals:
- Additional Bay-Adelaide Tower
- Hullmark Centre

Potential Future Sites:
- BCE III
- 16 York
- ???

^If you're including the Hullmark Centre, I've read there is a 13 storey office tower u/c on the west mall

Thanks for the images Wylie. This district will be impressive in three or four years.

Back