Solaris Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Oooo i see, so you were not touring units for sale through Tridel but rather for sale by owners .... FYI floors 3 + 4 are definitely unique with substantially higher ceilings (10 foot I think) .... whereas 9 foot ceiling is provided in floors 1, 2, 5, 6, 22, 36, 40 .... 8 foot ceilings is on remaining typical floors ... you will see the floor height difference in the photos below :)

No, my bff lives there. Yea, she told me her floor was unique. I was shocked when I saw vents in the ceilling with no bulkhead. I like that look.

just found a couple of cigarette buds on my balcony, mustve came from above... just so disrepectful, especially when there are amenities (putting greens) just below me...

just found a couple of cigarette buds on my balcony, mustve came from above... just so disrepectful, especially when there are amenities (putting greens) just below me...

seems like it is a common issue in new condos ... make sure you report it to management and hopefully they will followup on it ~

seems like it is a common issue in new condos ... make sure you report it to management and hopefully they will followup on it ~

Most definitely the case. I frequently find butts on my balcony, and in the odd instance screws/nails. The problem for me is you don't really know who above you is the culprit. Sure it's most likely the people directly above you, but it would be hard to prove. We constantly have letters posted to residents reminding them that things are not to be thrown off balconies, including butts, but some people simply don't care.

What floor are you looking for??

Sorry can't be of help then ... I don't think I have seen the underground parking plans, only parking levels 1 to 4

So yea, the vanity is abnormaly low. I noticed that the other day. It's especially weird for me given I'm 6'3.

So yea, the vanity is abnormaly low. I noticed that the other day. It's especially weird for me given I'm 6'3.

Indeed TheKingEast ... and that vanity as built was definitely not "as shown" in the Solaris sales office but rather reduced in height (for unknown reasons and Tridel refuses to acknowledge having changed anything)

I've also put together a comparison diagram showing the as built "mini" hot tub / narrowed pool vs the proposed scheme (as sold to purchasers during marketing of Solaris), I don't understand how Tridel could call this comparable in size ... the pool is narrowed as a result of a increased projection of the hot tub deck (which serves no purpose):

comparepool.jpg

PDI Photos - 110723

After a long nearly 4 years wait, I got to see my suite @ Solaris ... aside from all the previous bickering with Tridel on the modified standard suite finishes and some of the poor design decisions made on the common elements, the workmanship in the suite was quite well done, no major complaints at all. I'm quite happy with my 'upgraded' items. :)

Here's a few shots to share:

IMG_1182.jpg
IMG_1183.jpg
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg
IMG_1187.jpg
IMG_1186.jpg

Nice suite! You have a very nice kitchen, loads of cupboard space which will be critical. When do you officially move in? I must confess, I thought you were already in.

Thank you Professor ... I'll get my keys next week, probably will move in next month after work is done (ie: paint) ~ :)

Indeed TheKingEast ... and that vanity as built was definitely not "as shown" in the Solaris sales office but rather reduced in height (for unknown reasons and Tridel refuses to acknowledge having changed anything)

I've also put together a comparison diagram showing the as built "mini" hot tub / narrowed pool vs the proposed scheme (as sold to purchasers during marketing of Solaris), I don't understand how Tridel could call this comparable in size ... the pool is narrowed as a result of a increased projection of the hot tub deck (which serves no purpose):

comparepool.jpg

Yea, that's pretty disappointing. The pool is pretty awkward. You're not going to be able to swim laps in that thing.

I have a question, my BFF moved in...a couple days later she noticed a chip on her bathroom tile. She told Tridel and they said since she did not discover this "chip" within 24hours of moving in, there's nothing they can do. Now, I've lived in several new construction condos and I've never heard of this 24 hr crap. I also wouldn't expect this kind of thing from Tridel. Does that sound weird to you?

Anyways, like I said before, I really like the building, the common areas are very nice and I like the finishes of the suites I've seen. The gym is HUGE!

Nice place, btw

Last edited:
I was hoping you'd post some PDI pics, after following your epic saga over the last few years :) Congratulations - your suite looks great!

Out of curiosity, did you have any issues with the PDI itself? Did they try to rush you out of there, or harass you about pointing out too many deficiencies, etc.?

Back