News   Aug 01, 2024
 239     0 
News   Aug 01, 2024
 340     1 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 1.5K     0 

So my condo got cancelled... what now?

I don't really like Park Lake, although it is well priced I'm really looking for a condo in a more urban neighbourhood. Places like Park Lake and the Humber bay area are just a little to isolated for me.
I am going to keep looking on MLS, as I sit in front of a computer most days anyway, although like I said before, I am more partial to buying pre-construction.

Thanks for your responses everyone, I really do appreciate it.

Drag the map in MLS down to the St. Lawrence Market area, you don't get much more urban than that - it's a terrific neighbourhood. There are a couple of properties in the College & Bathurst area (Little Italy) and King West is a great area too just stay clear of the Entertainment District. If you really have your heart set on a unit that hasn't been built yet pick up Condo News and the Saturday Star for opportunities in un-built projects.

I'll never understand why people seem to avoid the Entertainment District. I live in the District Lofts just west of Peter on Richmond and it's a fantastic location. It's walking distance to stores, restaurants, and my work, and the units also happen to have great layouts. I've lived here for five years and I've never once had any issue with the clubs located nearby. Frankly, given that a lot of people seem to share this strange anti-entertainment district attitude and I would assume (although I haven't looked into it) that proces are lower as a result, I think that the entertainment district is probably a great place to be looking. That being said, I do also really like the St Lawrence Market area. Little Italy is a bit too far afield (mainly too far from the subway) for me, although I love the area itself.

Back