243     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 725     0 

Snakes in the toilet

jausa

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello All,
Over and over in the news. A man/woman goes to the toilet, open it and find a snake in it.
Explanation, somebody, several floors lower (apartment / condo)_ had a snake and it's escaped. Technically in my opinion impossible that a snake can "travel" from the 6' floor to the 20' floor through a plumbing system. Therefor for me it's a big fake. Comments?
jausa

Hello All,
Over and over in the news. A man/woman goes to the toilet, open it and find a snake in it.
Explanation, somebody, several floors lower (apartment / condo)_ had a snake and it's escaped. Technically in my opinion impossible that a snake can "travel" from the 6' floor to the 20' floor through a plumbing system. Therefor for me it's a big fake. Comments?
jausa

I have seen a snake climb two flights of stairs. I'm sure a baby python can squeeze into the pipes without getting stuck and maneuver around the plumbing system. No way a full size python would be able to do that.

Every time one of these stories hit the local news (most recently a "Ball Python" found in someone's bathroom) I freak as I'm sure thousands of others do. What's more disturbing is someone inevitably says "this happens far more often than you'd think", eeech! About a year and a half ago a guy found a snake in my building on his vanity in the bathroom, it was a small coloured one, about 2' long. He closed the door, ran to get the superintendent and when they arrived back the snake was gone - no sign of it. Four or five days later the snake appeared once again in the same guy's bathroom, they figure it must have been in the sink drain. It was caught and a woman who lived three floors above claimed the snake which escaped when she was out of town for a week. That's the kind of stuff nightmares are made of.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...ur-peril-snake-slithers-out-of-bathroom-drain

ok, all good. i am far away to put it beside, but i wonder how (HOW) a snake can "technically" move through the plumber system from one floor to another. that's the point. there i would like to get answers. and not what friends form a friend are talking, what they heard or what was in the news.

Every time one of these stories hit the local news (most recently a "Ball Python" found in someone's bathroom) I freak as I'm sure thousands of others do. What's more disturbing is someone inevitably says "this happens far more often than you'd think", eeech! About a year and a half ago a guy found a snake in my building on his vanity in the bathroom, it was a small coloured one, about 2' long. He closed the door, ran to get the superintendent and when they arrived back the snake was gone - no sign of it. Four or five days later the snake appeared once again in the same guy's bathroom, they figure it must have been in the sink drain. It was caught and a woman who lived three floors above claimed the snake which escaped when she was out of town for a week. That's the kind of stuff nightmares are made of.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/art...ur-peril-snake-slithers-out-of-bathroom-drain

Last edited:
I guess a drain or toilet appears an attractive way to move around and search for food from a snake's POV

There was a large snake in our building. It didn't escape (that I know of), but property management did have it removed. The Star did an article a few months back about snakes in condos/apartments.

Back