News   Apr 26, 2024
 873     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 256     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 762     0 

Sixty Loft (60 Bathurst St) COMPLETE

Hey Myxamatosis.....it's your neighbor below. ;o)

The great thing about SixtyLoft is that no two units look the same. The flexibility to design your own space was a huge bonus. I've very happy with our purchase!

Hey neighbour! Had no idea there were other 60-ers on the forum!
It's good to have a few posts from actual residents of the building since
a lot of people on the forum are curious as to how the building turned out
and on the fence about the design.

Funny story...if it wasn't for this forum, sixtyloft.ca would never have happened!

A few other purchasers began chatting on here a few years ago and because there were so many of them, some of the regulars on here thought they were working for the builder! The discussion got quite heated (it might be earlier in this thread or an older one) so C & M set up sixtyloft.ca they could chat without the hassle! Who knew that we would have so many purchasers join!

Funny story...if it wasn't for this forum, sixtyloft.ca would never have happened!

A few other purchasers began chatting on here a few years ago and because there were so many of them, some of the regulars on here thought they were working for the builder! The discussion got quite heated (it might be earlier in this thread or an older one) so C & M set up sixtyloft.ca they could chat without the hassle! Who knew that we would have so many purchasers join!

Ahhh! Interesting!
Who'd have thought lil ol sixtyloft.ca was a rebel outfit!

August 4, 2008

DSC03371.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

I've uploaded two images from my pdi as well as the balcony view looking
down on wellington (where the discussed potential re-development sites
are located). I've also uploaded the view from my living room which faces north
towards king and bathurst (the freed/thompson hotel project is visible in the bottom right corner of that view).

Sorbara allowed purchasers to change their layouts so owners have come up
with different dividing wall placements and layout perspectives depending upon
their needs and design tastes..which makes the units quite unique. I chose a very open layout to accentuate the loft aesthetic I was aiming for.

nice place,what is the sq footage?...any issues with noise?...normally downtown core units have problems with exterior and interior noise leakage.

nice place,what is the sq footage?...any issues with noise?...normally downtown core units have problems with exterior and interior noise leakage.
I think that has less to do with the quality of construction of downtown condos and more to do with the fact that downtown is a busy and noisy place.

It's roughly 1078 sq.ft and I've had no issues with noise whatsoever.

That being said, I feel more connected to the City when I'm able to hear it..I'd hate living in a sound-vacuum.

It's roughly 1078 sq.ft and I've had no issues with noise whatsoever.

That being said, I feel more connected to the City when I'm able to hear it..I'd hate living in a sound-vacuum.

Any issues with smell? If I recall, there was a slaughter house near by...

Each building differs from another. Yeah, you hear more sounds downtown, but you actually get used to the background hum of things.

I would really love one of those rooftop terraces on the townhouses.

I'm on the same corner as Myxamatosis. I have no issues whatsoever with noise. In fact, I've never heard any noise coming from any other unit beside, below or above me. I do hear noise from outside but I too, find it relaxing. I sleep with the windows open and love to hear the sounds of the city at night.

As for the smell, I have smelled the slaughterhouse a few times while sitting on my balcony but never inside the unit...thank goodness! The smell is much much worse from the corner of Wellington & Niagara. I don't know how people sit on the patio of the Olde York and enjoy themselves. They must be locals adapted to the smell!

Back