Sixty Colborne (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

Are these remaining units from the developer? Developers always have deals on remaining units. I notice Freed does have some good deals when it comes to getting rid of the last few units. Saw the same thing with 75 Portland and I'm kicking myself for not jumping in.
these were all assignments from kijiji

Could you please elaborate further? This building is one of three shortlisted. Thanks

Upgrade not installed, no handle on doors, no handle on cabinets making them impossible to open, list goes on.

You'll need to do some serious renovations before you can comfortably move in.

All those should be attended to by the developer (vs your own dollars to fix). I'm not sure at what point one can complain about occupancy actually being "ready" and for rent to be charged. I imagine that's a conversation with Tarion?

All those should be attended to by the developer (vs your own dollars to fix). I'm not sure at what point one can complain about occupancy actually being "ready" and for rent to be charged. I imagine that's a conversation with Tarion?

From Tarion that Freed has till October to fix all those stuff (in the mean time you still pay). They are not really major blockers but annoying little things.

I'd say they are annoying big things myself! In my current condo my biggest beef was with the baseboards which is small stuff compared to upgrades not being installed. It's tough to move in and feel at home when there's things that need to be fixed. :(

I wish developers didn't force people to move into suites that are clearly not ready. That is one part of this whole process I just hate and developers are allowed to get away with. I've done it too many times and won't buy new again.

That said, while things seem crappy now, it is a nice project in a great location. I'm sure everything will work out. Just gotta keep on them.

Upgrade not installed, no handle on doors, no handle on cabinets making them impossible to open, list goes on.

You'll need to do some serious renovations before you can comfortably move in.

I went to view 2 units this weekend and I agree with your observations. The building feels cheaply built and rushed to market. Besides the PDI deficiencies (missing panels, closet, bedroom, fridge doors not closing properly, rattling of panels), there were design flaws that can't be easily fixed. For example, we hated the handleless design as well, makes it difficult to open and close cabinets, drawers, fridge, bedroom door and shower door (it's a cylinder knob with no grip). The shower was barely big enough to fit me and I am a slim guy. Appliances were minimal and cheap, some are no name brands, others are a mix and match of kitchenaid, whirlpool, Blomberg. Also they don't include a microwave.

My agent said exposed ceilings are hit and miss 50% of the time with clients. I didn't dig it because it looks dirty. Noise was another issue, when the old buildings next door has their ventilation or AC running, you can hear them inside the unit even when the doors and windows are closed and this was on a higher floor too.

Lastly, my agent showed me in the past several months, barely any units were sold, most of them were terminated. Not hard to understand why, we left feeling quite underwhelmed and unimpressed.

Last edited:
I went to view 2 units this weekend and I agree with your observations. The building feels cheaply built and rushed to market. Besides the PDI deficiencies (missing panels, closet, bedroom, fridge doors not closing properly, rattling of panels), there were design flaws that can't be easily fixed. For example, we hated the handleless design as well, makes it difficult to open and close cabinets, drawers, fridge, bedroom door and shower door (it's a circular knob with no grip). The shower was barely big enough to fit me and I am a slim guy. Appliances were minimal and cheap, some are no name brands, others are a mix and match of kitchenaid, whirlpool, Blomberg. Also they don't include a microwave.

My agent said exposed ceilings are hit and miss 50% of the time with clients. I didn't dig it because it looks dirty. Noise was another issue, when the old buildings next door has their ventilation or AC running, you can hear them inside the unit even when the doors and windows are closed and this was on a higher floor too.

Lastly, my agent showed me in the past several months, barely any units were sold, most of them were terminated. Not hard to understand why, we left feeling quite underwhelmed and unimpressed.

In comparison, what other buildings have you looked at and which ones did you like?

Disappointing to hear about the lack of quality. I have come to expect that from many new condos these days.

In comparison, what other buildings have you looked at and which ones did you like?

Disappointing to hear about the lack of quality. I have come to expect that from many new condos these days.
All the new builds that are coming up this year within 1km from union station, such as harbour plaza, ten york, 88 scott. 60C is trying to price the same as the condos i have mentioned but it doesn't come close

All the new builds that are coming up this year within 1km from union station, such as harbour plaza, ten york, 88 scott. 60C is trying to price the same as the condos i have mentioned but it doesn't come close

88 Scott is really something. Harbour Plaza too but I find the HP units to be tiny.

Back