News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 550     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

should i invest into L tower?

plugk ... this should be of interest to you, especially if the unit you are considering is south facing ~

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment applications submitted by Greater Toronto Transit Authority (GTTA) for the property immediately to the south of L Tower, addressed as 5-7 The Esplanade

source: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-19704.pdf

The proposal is for the development of a 31-storey building consisting of a 4-storey mixed-use podium and a 27-storey 259 unit residential tower. A total of 528 parking spaces will be provided on site with 377 of those for use by the adjacent building proposed at 1 Front Street. Parking will be accommodated within 6 underground levels and within portions of the podium. The parking area would be accessed from The Esplanade. A pedestrian connection to 1 Front Street East is being proposed and the plan accommodates for a future PATH bridge connection over Yonge Street abutting the railway.

Investing in L Tower

L Tower soon will be releasing some more units. This should give anyone who is interested in the building fresh opportunities to compare present and past prices and get a better understanding of where this project is going.

Once again, there is no one single definition of "investing", so those who can should try and tell us what are their investment objectives in relation to L Tower.

plugk ... this should be of interest to you, especially if the unit you are considering is south facing ~

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment applications submitted by Greater Toronto Transit Authority (GTTA) for the property immediately to the south of L Tower, addressed as 5-7 The Esplanade

source: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-19704.pdf

thanks for the information solaris, but this unit is facing west, i still havne't decide it yet, so many people said don't go ahead. hmmmmm......?????? what should i do?

If you're so unsure about it don't do it.

Well, it might be because plugk really wants to buy into L tower, but worries it will drop in value. I think if he really wants it, he would buy it sooner or later. Either before or after it's built. Sometimes, if your heart really desires something, value isn't so important anymore. It's how you, yourself value it.

Well, it might be because plugk really wants to buy into L tower, but worries it will drop in value. I think if he really wants it, he would buy it sooner or later. Either before or after it's built. Sometimes, if your heart really desires something, value isn't so important anymore. It's how you, yourself value it.

What a profound statement ;)

Value is important to your bank, especially if the value of your home is less than the outstanding mortgage at renewal time!

no, i will not buy it after it being built, the only reason i will buy now because i can buy it at original price from 2 years ago.... this should be a great deal right? it already went up by 30% in price, even it will go back down by 20% - 30% in a few years from now, i'm still might make some profits after the building finish, either sell it or rent it out. right?

Last edited:
no, i will not buy it after it being built, the only reason i will buy now because i can buy it at original price from 2 years ago.... this should be a great deal right? it already went up by 30% in price, even it will go by 20% - 30% in a few years from now, i'm still might make some profits after the building finish, either sell it or rent it out. right?

yes, because RE always goes up ... wink, wink:rolleyes:

no, i will not buy it after it being built, the only reason i will buy now because i can buy it at original price from 2 years ago.... this should be a great deal right? it already went up by 30% in price, even it will go back down by 20% - 30% in a few years from now, i'm still might make some profits after the building finish, either sell it or rent it out. right?

it's this type of thinking that got us to where we are now...

everywhere else, values have declined but miraculously the L tower has been immune, what an incredible stroke of luck for you and the vendor.

plugk ... I think I am hearing forum member's advice as "don't buy in L Tower" ... but you are clearly interested in the project thinking it is a good investment, if you have your mind made up then just go for it and take the risk (how can we emphasize 'RISK' more?)

while you may be able to buy the unit a original selling price, doesn't it occur to you that the prices can continue to drop? if in fact the unit went up 30% but may only come down 20% (no one can garentee this), why do you think the seller is trying to off-load the unit??

you noted "i'm still might make some profits after the building finish" which is true, but I would just emphasize you might make some profit, but also you might loose some capital on this investment ... thats the RISK

plugk ... I think I am hearing forum member's advice as "don't buy in L Tower" ... but you are clearly interested in the project thinking it is a good investment, if you have your mind made up then just go for it and take the risk (how can we emphasize 'RISK' more?)

while you may be able to buy the unit a original selling price, doesn't it occur to you that the prices can continue to drop? if in fact the unit went up 30% but may only come down 20% (no one can garentee this), why do you think the seller is trying to off-load the unit??

you noted "i'm still might make some profits after the building finish" which is true, but I would just emphasize you might make some profit, but also you might loose some capital on this investment ... thats the RISK

Solaris, it sounds like there's no point talking to a wall.

Incidentally, a 30% increase followed by 20% decrease leaves one barely break-even when commissions, etc are taken out.

ie. 100 x +1.3 [eg. 1 + 30%] = 130;
130 x -0.80 [eg. 1 - 20%] = 104

L Tower soon will be releasing some more units. This should give anyone who is interested in the building fresh opportunities to compare present and past prices and get a better understanding of where this project is going.

Once again, there is no one single definition of "investing", so those who can should try and tell us what are their investment objectives in relation to L Tower.

would you happen to have the pricing for the remaining units and the new release units?

Back