News   Mar 28, 2024
 535     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 412     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 751     0 

Shoppers Drug Mart

Then the City should cancel whatever patio license might still be in place for the property and make them remove whatever portion of that stupid white picket fence is located within the boulevard.

I know there are things far worse in Dundas Square but... plastic-y looking white picket fence? How cringe worthy is that?

I'm confused. At the Yonge Dundas SDM, what is the purpose of the white picket fence surrounding the old patio space? Are they planning on having a patio of some kind?

There's an operable sliding door under the stairs that leads to the patio. It doesn't look like they made an effort to put anything adjacent to that door that would justify a patio.

A Loblaws Deli cafe would make perfect sense here. Loblaws (who owns Shoppers Drugmart) also operates Nutella Cafe's. That would be a perfect draw for the Yonge-Dundas Square crowd. But again, no effort was made for that. This is a plain old vanilla Shoppers. Nothing special about it, other than the location.

I visited that Shoppers and found it underwhelming in every way. I struggled to find the basement level (which is where they crammed the pharmacy and its related products) and when I did find it, it already felt dingy and old. The loss of a patio space and the fact that Shoppers/Loblaws didn't try to do anything interesting with the space is a shame. The Queen West / John St. Shoppers is far nice. Come to think of it, many of their locations are nicer than this new YD Square location.

A Loblaws Deli cafe would make perfect sense here. Loblaws (who owns Shoppers Drugmart) also operates Nutella Cafe's. That would be a perfect draw for the Yonge-Dundas Square crowd. But again, no effort was made for that. This is a plain old vanilla Shoppers. Nothing special about it, other than the location.
You should tweet the Nutella idea. BTW, Nutella Cafes are also in (some) Sobeys, so I'm not sure Loblaw has a hold on that brand.

felt dingy and old. The loss of a patio space and the fact that Shoppers/Loblaws didn't try to do anything interesting with the space is a shame. The Queen West / John St. Shoppers is far nic
You should tweet the Nutella idea. BTW, Nutella Cafes are also in (some) Sobeys, so I'm not sure Loblaw has a hold on that brand.

Nope they're even featured in several Pusateri's.

The Shoppers Drugmart on King and Brant, built some years back as a new concept urban store, has taken out a lease on the basement level, kicking out the Juliet nightclub that’s there now.

The space down there is fairly large but the ceilings are quite low. My guess is that instead of expanding the retail floor to a second level, they’re going to move all their back of house operations and storage below and expand the main level retail floor. The store is already fairly large but it doesn’t sell fresh produce like some of their other stores.

This is my Shoppers Drugmart, 30 seconds from my door so I’m looking forward to being able to buy produce here instead of trekking over to the Shoppers on Peter or the Loblaws on Queen and Portland.

DB6E743B-0899-4A65-B1D5-59EC0FCC28C0.jpeg

I had a look at the building, and you can tell looking through the windows where the retail floor ends and the stock room begins. It's very small. Not much would be gained by freeing up that stock room space for retail space. They must be planning on making a lower level retail level.

I had a look at the building, and you can tell looking through the windows where the retail floor ends and the stock room begins. It's very small. Not much would be gained by freeing up that stock room space for retail space. They must be planning on making a lower level retail level.

Maybe they'll move the pharmacy to the basement, like the store in the old Hard Rock Cafe at Dundas Square.

Maybe they'll move the pharmacy to the basement, like the store in the old Hard Rock Cafe at Dundas Square.

Yeah. The pharmacy is a place you go to Shoppers Drugmart for and you'll go to it even if it's on a different level. This is usually the case on multi floor Shoppers. The same often goes for the post office too.

I can see them expanding the fresh produce section akin to a mini Loblaws on the main level, and then household products with the pharmacy and maybe a post office below. The lower level is about half the size of the main level but would have room for those departments.

Shoppers Drug Mart to test 3 medical clinics in Greater Toronto Area this year

August 12, 2020

Shoppers Drug Mart is opening medical clinics in Toronto where family physicians will be available to take on a roster of patients and accept appointments for walk-in services.

The pharmacy chain says its first pilot clinic opened in the city’s midtown with two more planned for the Greater Toronto Area over the next year, including one in the downtown core.

The clinic is open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, but closes at 2:30 p.m. on Fridays. It is closed on the weekend right now, but the clinic is planning to expand its hours in the fall.

Back