News   Apr 26, 2024
 231     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 714     0 

'Search' function

luxome

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm getting so frustrated with the 'Search' function. why is it so hard to find something? I type in "U condo" and it shows me a list of irrelevant threads....why is it so difficult to do searches??

try putting in " " around what you're searching.

A different search-function problem: the banner ad gets in the way, rendering it literally impossible to use...

Search Box Inaccessible

A different search-function problem: the banner ad gets in the way, rendering it literally impossible to use...

Yes, I have the same problem.
When I click on 'Search', the search box opens behind the banner ad and I can't access it. I'm using IE6.
Does anyone know how to work around this?

Yes, I have the same problem.
When I click on 'Search', the search box opens behind the banner ad and I can't access it. I'm using IE6.
Does anyone know how to work around this?

Right click on the search link, and copy the shortcut. Paste it into your address bar.

Oh and upgrade to at least IE7. IE8 if you can.

Or Firefox

I almost always use the advance search and change it from "Search entire site" To "search titles only" I find it makes it much easier to find the relevant information

I mentioned months ago in a thread that I had trouble using the search feature and that it didn't display threads as expected and I got scoffed at. I was chided for being a rube by several members as if I was a 90 year-old with his first computer.

Glad to hear it's not just me having difficulties with that function.

I mentioned months ago in a thread that I had trouble using the search feature and that it didn't display threads as expected and I got scoffed at. I was chided for being a rube by several members as if I was a 90 year-old with his first computer.

Glad to hear it's not just me having difficulties with that function.

Advanced search. Search by topic title.

Advanced search. Search by topic title.

Yes I have tried this too and it was probably you that commented on my apparent lack of skill.

Type the words "Near Future" into the Advanced Search keyword and see what you get. I personally created a thread called "Near Future Renders" and from time to time I want to post in it without searching through all the pages of threads.

Type those words.... I'll wait.

Last edited:
I just used advanced search and typed "X Condos" then indicated I wanted to search only thread titles and it says "no match found".

Seriously?

Hummmph!

If you have to know the exact wording in the thread title, then it is of no use as a search feature.

Back