News   Apr 25, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Scotiabank Arena (Air Canada Centre) Renovations

I hope they renovate or spruce up the PATH corridor, which is looking quite worn.

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

I hope they renovate or spruce up the PATH corridor, which is looking quite worn.

View attachment 513292
View attachment 513293
Councillor Malik's Office is now trying to get them to AT LEAST put up signage pointing to the (outside) elevator or the escalator in Maple Leaf Square. One might have hoped MLSE would show some modicome of 'public spirit' but, of course, it's all about $$$

Arena is already too dated compared the new arenas coming
The arena will be 50 years old by then. It will also be very dated when compared to other arenas. Probably need to tear it down and do a complete rebuild.

The location is perfect, I don't think the arena will move...it will probably get gutted and completely rebuild by 2050.

The arena will be 50 years old by then. It will also be very dated when compared to other arenas. Probably need to tear it down and do a complete rebuild.

The location is perfect, I don't think the arena will move...it will probably get gutted and completely rebuild by 2050.

This is likely true though Maple Leaf Gardens survived as a NHL Arena until it was 67 years old.

The only issue is space. In 50 years we will end up like Ottawa where our arena is an hour outside town.

This is likely true though Maple Leaf Gardens survived as a NHL Arena until it was 67 years old.

The only issue is space. In 50 years we will end up like Ottawa where our arena is an hour outside town.
Or downtown will extend that far! lol
Though an hour outside of downtown isn't very far these days when it takes 20min to go a few blocks.

An hour outside Downtown would likely be Markham, Burlington, Brampton or Oshawa.
I was joking which I do believe you got. No traffic, 100% agree those are within the hour range.

If an arena were to be built outside of the immediate downtown (due to space availability), I think Downsview, Exhibition, Billy Bishop, East Harbour/Donlands and maybe Woodbine would be likely areas with some space that could accommodate it. Might also be beneficial for them to join with the Jays early to get enough land for both stadiums.

Back