News   Apr 25, 2024
 363     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Sandwich Shops (Panera/Pret)

Wow, lots of people like Pret!

I hate to bring it up, but Pret is partially owned by McDonalds. Still good food though. Of course McDonalds also owns Chipotle which is decent food at a good price. I wish Chipotle would come to Canada.

EAT is the new Pret. EAT is where it's at...although I would be happy with a Pret too. I am just happy to see that "sandwich culture" is finally grabbing a hold of north america...instead of just fast-food burger culture.

I like Pret better than Eat. Maybe it's just personal preference.

I'd be happy to see Panera, Pret or Au Bon enter Canada - while travelling, they've been dependable for a quick, tasty bite when I don't feel like a large meal.

Interesting reading the articles on Loblaws. They must sense that A&P/Metro and Sobeys are on the right track by building/renovating city locations than Loblaws' trend in the past decade to close their small stores. Can't say I've been impressed with their efforts to ape Wal-Mart - constant stock outs, untidy stores, sub-par general merchandise.

I remember there being an Au Bon Pain at Bay and Richmond, before it became a Starbucks/Bagel Stop, and then (now) a 7-Eleven. I only really see them in US airports mostly now.

The site of a former grocery store in Moss Park (Sherbourne north of Queen) is currently being renovated. Anybody know anything about what they are planning here?

I noticed a sign on the window of the Panera at Yonge/Edward saying that it is opening on Tuesday January 24th.

Back